Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't happen to often, especially when talking about my two favourite players :)
Let's hope they can keep going and both reach semis!

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Del Potro is not on an 8 match winning streak. Like Nadal at Wimbledon in 2009, he did not play the tournament the year after winning it. That's not a streak. Walkovers didn't count for Novak's streak, and absence or withdrawal from a tournament does not add to a streak either.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
even if it did count. 8 matches isn't all that much..most players that win a slam will be on an 8 match winning streak the following year unless they're out in early rounds.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Del Potro is not on an 8 match winning streak. Like Nadal at Wimbledon in 2009, he did not play the tournament the year after winning it. That's not a streak. Walkovers didn't count for Novak's streak, and absence or withdrawal from a tournament does not add to a streak either.
doesn't add yeah, but doesn't cancel it as well imo

·
Banned
6,118 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
But I believe if Novak had pulled out of a match (walkover), his streak would have continued. Same principle here I guess.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Well. It is very interest. I don't care that it count or not...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts