Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Nadal
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nadal has won just one his 23rd hardcourt title at age of 35!!! Not to mention the fact Nadal Also won multiple us opens & Canada masters on hardcourts in his 30s!!!. Kind of beautiful that Nadal started winning on hardcourts at 19 year's old by beating Agassi in masters final & now at 35 Nadal wins in Melbourne. confirming he's status as one of greatest hardcourt players on history 馃榾

Attachments

Registered
There鈥檚 no doubting his status on hard courts is understated because of how amazing he is on clay. Although todays win doesn鈥檛 really do anything to change his hard court legacy.

Registered
Nadal
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There鈥檚 no doubting his status on hard courts is understated because of how amazing he is on clay. Although todays win doesn鈥檛 really do anything to change his hard court legacy.
It's bigger than you think with today title Nadal passed John McEnroe & Stan Smith for overall hardcourt titles (23).

Registered
The 250 hc addition was nice but the field was pretty weak, the highest ranked was #75, it was like the best possible scenario.

I saw the last two matches and the players had good quality, they might have pushed Nadal to a 3d set or even defeated him but they were helpless playing crucial points, Nadal is at a totally different level in that regard no matter the surface.

Registered
The 250 hc addition was nice but the field was pretty weak, the highest ranked was #75, it was like the best possible scenario.
You are wrong on this one. Reilly Opelka was the 2nd seed and he is ranked 26. Also Dimitrov was #28, Goffin was #39 and so on.

Edit: I suppose you mean Nadal's opponents, yes that is correct.

Registered
You are wrong on this one. Reilly Opelka was the 2nd seed and he is ranked 26.
Yes, but I meant the players that Nadal had to beat, they simply lack experience against players like Nadal, they might upset a top 30 like Dimitrov but they will run out of fuel the next round, specially if it麓s a top 10 and certainly if his name is Nadal.

Nadal played just good enough to start the season though, kudos for him

Banned
Is Rafa's obsession to keep winning titles healthy or unhealthy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts