Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rafael Nadal disagrees with Andy Murray’s assessment that the standard at the top of the men's game has significantly increased this year.

"I do not agree," Nadal told reporters in Shanghai. "I think Djokovic, yes. I played worse than last year. I was very regular, probably even more regular than last year. I think Roger [Federer] played well, but he lost a few matches than in the past he never gonna lose."

The Spaniard added that he isn’t sure whether the Nadal of 2010 would beat the Nadal of 2011. "I believe Rafa 2010 had something more special than Rafa 2011, especially in tough situations. That's the true. Win or lose depends on very, very, very small things. And probably these very, very small things I did a little bit better in 2010 than 2011… Djokovic this year already won a lot of tournaments. Don't believe that he changed his game unbelievable. He did a few small things better than a few years ago and that's why his big success this year. That's what I gonna try. But I am not agree with what Andy said. I think the level, no, wasn't better than 2010 or 2009. I think was similar. For my part and Roger's part a little bit worse for the moment."

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I can sense a lot of anger in Nadull's words. He is obviously still pissed at the lesson that Murray gave him last week.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
thats pretty much how it is.
how is it bitter?

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I have been watching tennis since the early 90's. 2011 standard has been one of the best. Nadul is getting worked out time and again.Thats his problem.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Nadull is right that this year has a horrible level, but he's wrong that 2010 was better when in fact both Nadull and Fakervic have taken advantage of the weak era to win 3 slams in a year without a challenge or an especially high level of play. That's why this statement is sour grapes and bitterness from Nadull, he benefited from the same gifts Fakervic has had this year and he doesn't like the reflection he's seeing from the other side :eek:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
How about not making a new post every time a random thought pops into your head?
Also, the "Faker" and "Nadull" bullshit is old, bigtime. These are the two best tennis players in the world. You dont like them, we get it. Nobody cares.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
If this was Fed, MTF would rip him to shreds :lol:

3,728 Posts
nadal is jim courier in a stupid weak era

it took 3 years to work out jim- it took 6 to work out nadal

Reactions: Shinoj

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
He will be a seriously motivated motherfucker next year.
this.....end of thread.....this little period of a little over 2 months until the new year is a tough little phase for him and he is slightly pissed that he has to go through it.....

he's done for this year and watch out for him in 2012.....he won't leave anybody.....

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
If Nadal is done for this year then it really means trouble for him.

If he has such a bad end of the year then it would be really difficult for him in the upcoming season. it means that the like of Djokovic and Murray after having a great end to the season will be doubly raring to go and Nadal would not have only to deal with his poor form but also put up with the pressure of looming Djokovic and Murray.

Its a double headed Monster nadal is in front of now. he just cant leave this season like this.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts