Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N. Djokovic:"When I will become a father, tennis won't be the first priority anymore"

Novak Djokovic was recently interviewed by "La Gazzetta dello Sport" in Italy, regarding his future plans and how he will try to mange his life as a tennis champion and as a father.

"What does a baby mean for a champion? Immense joy! It's the beginning of a new chapter in my life and I am very happy about it" said a visibly excited Novak Djokovic. The Serb is also convinced that he will able to manage both sides of his life, even though priorities in his life may temporary or permanently change. "When the baby will arrive, Tennis won't be the first priority anymore" said Novak, who then added: "it will be tiring, but I am sure it will also give me extra energy and motivation to pursue my career". In fact, we can see how for other players before him, being a father meant everything but giving up on a tennis career. Roger Federer is a clear example.

Novak also talked about his passion for studying and learning: "The more a man studies, the more he adds a value to himself. I always want to learn something new. When I was a kid I took my responsibilities, growing up on a low economical budget, but setting clear goals for what I wanted to do as an adult. Not having had nothing for free makes me appreciate life even more".

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Novak-Djokovic-When-I-Will-be-a-Dad-Tennis-Will-not-be-the-First-Priority-Anymore-articolo17700.html

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Re: N. Djokovic:"When I will become a father, tennis won't be the first priority anym

yep, always knew he was a clown. :wavey: Bye bye clownovic.

But at least we know Djokovic will be a REAL father, not like Federer who cargoes his wife across the world with him while leaving his kids with a nanny. :rolleyes:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Re: N. Djokovic:"When I will become a father, tennis won't be the first priority anym

Translation: "This will be my last season as a top player."

:facepalm:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Translation: "This will be my last season as a top player."

:facepalm:
I bet it was Uncle Toni. He split the condom! Good work Tio :worship:

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

Good for him. Tennis is the less important thing in the end.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts

I bet these recent events will give Nadal all the motivation he needs to win more slams. BAMOS

·
Banned
1,570 Posts

NID from jowilly :worship:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

:yeah:

But if Dull keeps playing this way and losing to the likes of Almugro, Djokovic's form won't matter much, since I bet Dull will probably be retired at the time Nole becomes a father in order to preserv his beloved H2H's. :lol:

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

But at least we know Djokovic will be a REAL father, not like Federer who cargoes his wife across the world with him while leaving his kids with a nanny. :rolleyes:
What does it mean real father for you ?! Djokovic will play tennis on CC with baby in one hand and with other hand will hit ball?! Is that for you a real father maybe ? Federer'wife is always with him in every match he plays for years . I do not see Djokovic' GF or wife with him every single match now .Let see how she is going to travel around the world when she is pregnant and then with baby.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts

What does it mean real father for you ?! Djokovic will play tennis on CC with baby in one hand and with other hand will hit ball?! Is that for you a real father maybe ? Federer'wife is always with him in every match he plays for years . I do not see Djokovic' GF or wife with him every single match now .Let see how she is going to travel around the world when she is pregnant and then with baby.
You'll see what a real father is when Djokovic retires from the tour in a year's time. :wavey:

·
Registered
12,632 Posts

I guess you don't know that the kids travel with them all the time: they're just sensible enough to realise that 5 year old kids don't exactly want to spend hours and hours at tennis matches... but then again, 5-year old kids don't spend too much time (if any) in their father's workplace, whether he's a tennis player, architect, bricklayer, or whatever

·
Registered
4,009 Posts

And there I was, thinking this was a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

You'll see what a real father is when Djokovic retires from the tour in a year's time. :wavey:
I do not think he will retire but maybe he will play less ,ranking can go down. It depends on him if he really love the game and his wife support him a 100% then he will play . Federer did it with twins which is a lot more tough but only he knows how he did it. By the way I 've never heard Federer to use as an excuse his kids or family for bad match he had on court.:)

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

And there I was, thinking this was a perfectly reasonable thing to say.
It is. Of course his child should be his priority!

·
Banned
9,577 Posts

I guess you don't know that the kids travel with them all the time: they're just sensible enough to realise that 5 year old kids don't exactly want to spend hours and hours at tennis matches... but then again, 5-year old kids don't spend too much time (if any) in their father's workplace, whether he's a tennis player, architect, bricklayer, or whatever
So architects and bricklayers travel across the world daily? :haha: You must put me in touch with these master architects and bricklayers. Their services are no doubt expensive. :superlol:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

This. Having young children is not really a problem when you have tons of money and a dedicated wife like Roger has : he can focus at 100% on his tennis and still see them every day. Things will chage when the twins go to school though, they will have to stay in Switzerland, and so will Mirka...
On the other hand, I'm not sure Mirka is the regular ATP WAG, and I suspect Novak may have a harder time managing his new life.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

If People don't understand this they're too stupid to even post here. Wise decision. Also i don't think this means he's done as a top player not even close, just that his kid will be the first priority

·
Registered
28,789 Posts

:confused: What happened to you, always making these nonsensical posts now? You have gone from being a Djokovic fan, to a gloryhunter, to a hater now. Yeh you were always a clown but this Federers_Mate like behavior is some next level shit

1 - 20 of 172 Posts