Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

· Registered
1,835 Posts
I was disappointed - Gael worked hard :(
Grats to Novak anyways

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Good job Novak. That break was not entirely altruistic, but I guess it's becoming more commonplace now. Nadal did the same in Canada this year. The cramping is a bad rule, but Novak's exception is asthma, which I can relate to. You get these bad cramps when you start to lose your breathing, and there is no controllable way of preventing this other than with rest.

· Registered
9,428 Posts
Djoko :banana:

· Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,599 Posts
Well the trainer took a while to get to the court and yes the rule is bad and still sucks. Yes, he has major breathing problems, but as for whether he is acting I will have to match to say clearly for sure.

· Registered
4,358 Posts
:mad:
:banghead:

· Registered
2,635 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Well the trainer took a while to get to the court and yes the rule is bad and still sucks. Yes, he has major breathing problems, but as for whether he is acting I will have to match to say clearly for sure.
Breathing problems and asthma bring on horrible cramps because you can't get oxygen to the blood. unfortunately, there is no control for this other than an inhaler with him at all time, and most of the best treatments are banned steroids.

· Registered
4,358 Posts
the break was about 12 min...

1 - 20 of 245 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.