·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I was disappointed - Gael worked hard :(
Grats to Novak anyways

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Good job Novak. That break was not entirely altruistic, but I guess it's becoming more commonplace now. Nadal did the same in Canada this year. The cramping is a bad rule, but Novak's exception is asthma, which I can relate to. You get these bad cramps when you start to lose your breathing, and there is no controllable way of preventing this other than with rest.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice to see them hug at the net. I think Novak cheated a little, but he did out play Monfils for most of the match.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congratulation Novak ,That was great.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Djoko :banana:

·
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch
50,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when did he take a time out?? I just watched the end if the match.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Well the trainer took a while to get to the court and yes the rule is bad and still sucks. Yes, he has major breathing problems, but as for whether he is acting I will have to match to say clearly for sure.

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
great, great match. These guys will be top 10 very soon. Novak has just a killer forehand and Gael is so athletic and long and tenacious. Too bad one of them had to lose but Novak deserved it.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
:mad:
:banghead:

·
Registered
81 Posts
He actually said that he used all the time-outs that he could...but he justified himself by saying that he was really tired

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
djoko! :D

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Well the trainer took a while to get to the court and yes the rule is bad and still sucks. Yes, he has major breathing problems, but as for whether he is acting I will have to match to say clearly for sure.
Breathing problems and asthma bring on horrible cramps because you can't get oxygen to the blood. unfortunately, there is no control for this other than an inhaler with him at all time, and most of the best treatments are banned steroids.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
the break was about 12 min...

·
Registered
26,748 Posts
I dont know where the court 10 is but well yeah, the trainer is next to the court on the main courts but on smaller courts the players have to wait for him, no? :eek:

1 - 20 of 245 Posts