Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Rogie hasn't made an official decision yet and won't until in December 2018, but if I was to venture a guess, he'll skip clay once again in 2019!!

There's really no more benefit to him playing on clay anymore at this point in his career and in 2019 he'll be 37/38....

Hopman Cup
AO
Rotterdam?
Dubai?
IW
Miami?
Stuttgart?
Halle
W
Canada?
Cincinnati
USO
Shanghai
Basel
Paris?
London if he qualifies

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know that Rogie hasn't made an official decision yet and won't until in December 2018, but if I was to venture a guess, he'll skip clay once again in 2019!!

There's really no more benefit to him playing on clay anymore at this point in his career and in 2019 he'll be 37/38....

Hopman Cup
AO
Rotterdam?
Dubai?
IW
Miami?
Stuttgart?
Halle
W
Canada?
Cincinnati
USO
Shanghai
Basel
Paris?
London if he qualifies

Your thoughts?
If you included Hopman Cup, then, you must include Laver Cup too (right after USO). Some people think Laver Cup 2019 -- which is going to be held incidentally(!) in his own country of Switzerland -- is when Roger hangs up his racket!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think he will skip Miami and play Rome and Madrid. He might even play French Open if he has already gotten the 100th title, by that time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Federer wants to play once again at RG before finishing his career and it might well be this year.

He has one big dream and goal left which is an individual Olympic Gold Medal. But as it stands you have to play the new Davis Cup to be eligible for the Olympics.

So if he reaches his 100th title this year and if he is not eligible for the Olympics, then this may be his last year on the tour. If he is allowed to play the Olympics, then he may play until the Olympics 2020 or the end of 2020...

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Federer wants to play once again at RG before finishing his career and it might well be this year.

He has one big dream and goal left which is an individual Olympic Gold Medal. But as it stands you have to play the new Davis Cup to be eligible for the Olympics.

So if he reaches his 100th title this year and if he is not eligible for the Olympics, then this may be his last year on the tour. If he is allowed to play the Olympics, then he may play until the Olympics 2020 or the end of 2020...
I think his partnership with Bencic is designed for a shot at 2020 Mixed doubles Gold.
Didn't they make an exception for Fed so that he can play Olympics without Pique cup participation?

Also he won't play at RG unless he loses huge number of points he gained during last year's 17-0 run (2000+500+600=3100, almost half of his points for 2018).

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts