Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Let's go Year by Year
2006- JesusFed and baby Djokovic. Head to Head Fed 2-0.
2007- Novak beats Federer in Montreal for the first time but wins less points 98-100
Novak chokes big time at the USO due to inexperience and the other two matches in Dubai and the AO were easy wins for Federer. Head to head 3-1 Fed
2008- Novak dethrones Fed in AO. No mono excuse Federer had his chances in sets 1 and 3 but novak was more agressive and simply the better player. Head to Head 2-1 Fed
2009- Novak beats Federer in Miami,Rome and Basel but loses in Cincy and the USO. Head to head 3-2 djokovic
2010- Djokovic's worst year. Federer hits 68 errors in USO but novak still needs to save match points. Head to head 4-1 Federer
2011- JesusNovak nearly goes 1-2 against Federer in slams. Federer the only man to have matchpoints versus novak until October
2012- Most interesting year for me :devil:. Djokovic floors federer on clay in rome and FO. Federer beats Novak in Wimbledon and Cincy. Djokovic narrowly edges Federer with a one point differential (98-97) to win the WTF. Head to head 3-2 Djokovic
2013- Federer's worst year. Novak the best player post USO. Fed still wins a set off him in both matches. Nando and Isner won one set each. Even Nadal couldn't win 5 games in a set vs djokovic that time
2014- Fed with new racquet and no forehand. Djokovic needs 3rd set tb in IW
Servebotting, net rushing Federer with no ground game loses deep in a 5th set to Djokovcic at Wimbledon.:spit:. 3-2 Fed with all his other victories coming easily.In 2015 djokovic's second best year Fed straight sets him

Federer leads Murray 4-1 in slams and wtf. (all meetings from 2008 aka "strong era") :superlol:
I made this thread to debunk the weak era nonsense. Nadal is the only man who can handle peak federer. Bolded points prove peak fed could have beaten djokovic easily. Please discuss

Registered
Tier 1 players - Federer, Nadal
Tier 2 players - Murray, Wawrinka
Tier 3 players - Dmitrov, Raonic, Djokovic

Registered
This is hilarious. The yearly head to head summary is mysteriously replaced by irrelevant stats as soon as it doesn't favour Federer. Match points saved spun into a negative, a potential head to head at slams replaces the actual, reversed head to head, and the 2012 wtf demolition is referred to as a narrow edging while 2015 is summarised as "Fed straight sets Djokovic" with no mention of Dubai.

All in all, A+, you're a sterling Fedefender/comedian

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
This is hilarious. The yearly head to head summary is mysteriously replaced by irrelevant stats as soon as it doesn't favour Federer. Match points saved spun into a negative, a potential head to head at slams replaces the actual, reversed head to head, and the 2012 wtf demolition is referred to as a narrow edging while 2015 is summarised as "Fed straight sets Djokovic" with no mention of Dubai.

7-6(6) 7-5
total points 98 djokovic 97 federer
Is that a demolition ?. Wow ! you turn out to be the comedian

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

:confused::confused: I was as objective as possible

Registered
:confused::confused: I was as objective as possible
We all know Federer is greater and will be remembered as GOAT and we all know Djokovic is best right now. We don't need stupid statistics to tell us something we already know.

There is no concept of peak vs peak. It's Djokovic vs Federer. When they count grand slams or check the H2H, there is no reference to "peak" levels. The reason for that? It's because it's an idiotic concept that sill fans come up with to try and degrade another player or to elevate their own player.

Registered
These imaginary peak vs. peak debates are incredible here on MTF. What's the point of it anyways? Why stop with a year? Use a peak week, peak day, peak shot. Wawrinka peak on 1 day in FO > Federer peak 2007? Djokovic peak shot USO 2011 > Cilic peak week USO 2014? I haven't seen this anywhere in any other sports debates. Nobody in other sports does these make belief peak debates. Peak Barcelona 2012 > Peak Real Madrid 1998... ridiculous.

A career or greatness of a player isn't judged by dissecting his career into "peak" segments. It's what's there when all is said and done. The bottom line.

Reactions: Aphex

Registered
These imaginary peak vs. peak debates are incredible here on MTF. What's the point of it anyways? Why stop with a year? Use a peak week, peak day, peak shot. Wawrinka peak on 1 day in FO > Federer peak 2007? Djokovic peak shot USO 2011 > Cilic peak week USO 2014? I haven't seen this anywhere in any other sports debates. Nobody in other sports does these make belief peak debates. Peak Barcelona 2012 > Peak Real Madrid 1998... ridiculous.

A career or greatness of a player isn't judged by dissecting his career into "peak" segments. It's what's done when all is said and done. The bottom line.
I second that.

Banned
Let's go Year by Year
2006- JesusFed and baby Djokovic. Head to Head Fed 2-0.
2007- Novak beats Federer in Montreal for the first time but wins less points 98-100
Novak chokes big time at the USO due to inexperience and the other two matches in Dubai and the AO were easy wins for Federer. Head to head 3-1 Fed
2008- Novak dethrones Fed in AO. No mono excuse Federer had his chances in sets 1 and 3 but novak was more agressive and simply the better player. Head to Head 2-1 Fed
2009- Novak beats Federer in Miami,Rome and Basel but loses in Cincy and the USO. Head to head 3-2 djokovic
2010- Djokovic's worst year. Federer hits 68 errors in USO but novak still needs to save match points. Head to head 4-1 Federer
2011- JesusNovak nearly goes 1-2 against Federer in slams. Federer the only man to have matchpoints versus novak until October
2012- Most interesting year for me :devil:. Djokovic floors federer on clay in rome and FO. Federer beats Novak in Wimbledon and Cincy. Djokovic narrowly edges Federer with a one point differential (98-97) to win the WTF. Head to head 3-2 Djokovic
2013- Federer's worst year. Novak the best player post USO. Fed still wins a set off him in both matches. Nando and Isner won one set each. Even Nadal couldn't win 5 games in a set vs djokovic that time
2014- Fed with new racquet and no forehand. Djokovic needs 3rd set tb in IW
Servebotting, net rushing Federer with no ground game loses deep in a 5th set to Djokovcic at Wimbledon.:spit:. 3-2 Fed with all his other victories coming easily.In 2015 djokovic's second best year Fed straight sets him

Federer leads Murray 4-1 in slams and wtf. (all meetings from 2008 aka "strong era") :superlol:
I made this thread to debunk the weak era nonsense. Nadal is the only man who can handle peak federer. Bolded points prove peak fed could have beaten djokovic easily. Please discuss

Those three years that you choose to ignore, especially the bolded parts- i.e - Baby inexperienced pre peak No1e beating peak Federer so many times, debunk your false theory. Peak No1e would be clearly much better.

Their current H2H is pretty much even (if you rightfully account for WTF final 2014 which Federer run away from) with Peak Federer beating young baby Nole more and peak Djokovic beating post prime Fed more - Their H2H would look more/less the same if their peak were at the same time.

Anything else is baseless Fed fangirl arrogance and ignorance.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12

Those three years that you choose to ignore, especially the bolded parts- i.e - Baby inexperienced pre peak No1e beating peak Federer so many times, debunk your false theory. Peak No1e would be clearly much better.

Their current H2H is pretty much even (if you rightfully account for WTF final 2014 which Federer run away from) with Peak Federer beating young baby Nole more and peak Djokovic beating post prime Fed more - Their H2H would look more/less the same if their peak were at the same time.

Anything else is baseless Fed fangirl arrogance and ignorance.
I count only 6. Head to head at the end of 2010, 13-6 federer USO fed wastes match points and in Montreal 2007 he wins more points. 4 comparitively better wins for djokovic..not so many like you said

Registered
Discussion Starter #13

Banned
I count only 6. Head to head at the end of 2010, 13-6 federer USO fed wastes match points and in Montreal 2007 he wins more points. 4 comparitively better wins for djokovic..not so many like you said
"Only 6". That is vs BABY PRE PRIME DJOKOVIC vs PRIME FEDERER having 13-6 H2H. Baby Djokovic beating prime Federer 6 times is quite good I would say.

Certainly PEAK DJOKOVIC would do much better than this. i.e would be at least even. Just like he is now.

So your theory is debunked indeed.

Also LOL and counting who won more points and missed MPs and discounting wins based on that. :haha:
Sorry but that is not how tennis works. :rolleyes:

The Master
We all know how it would turn out, or at least most of us do.

What's important is achievements, and Novak's doing well at the moment, so let's allow him to build his resume and then we can step back and have a look in 2-3 years.

My signature should give a small indication of what the current #1 should be seeking to do to compete with Federer when it's all said and done, so let's see how he goes.

Registered
Enough of this comparisions. It's just an offense to Federer. Djokovic is not in the league as Nadal or Federer. This year's RG was just the 2009 final reboot but with a different ending. Federer took it in 3. Djokovic doesn't have the mind of a champion, the French was there for him to take it but instead he loses in 4. He's just a weaponless pusher.

Banned

Registered
no reason to go into such detail, anyone with eyes who watched tennis during the last decade or 2 should be able to see that Federer's level from 05-07 was by far the highest ever seen. Novak is a great player, but he's great with consistency not shotmaking

Federer was consistent and constantly hit amazing shots during his best period. he also was practically invulnerable- he had essentially no weakness, bar Nadal on clay obviously (that surface and that matchup specifically which is a fairly particular combo)

no reason to compare peak Novak with peak Federer, they aren't in remotely the same league in terms of top level of play

that said I would be hard pressed to name ANY player who belongs next to Federer in terms of ranking peak levels of play

Reactions: JW Parker

Registered
You bad repping me was so NID :haha:
It's almost like you bad rep me when I was even writing the post.
Beautiful sight
:lol:

Your avatar... :yeah:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts