Mens Tennis Forums banner

Murray gives too much respect to Federer and Nadal on COurt

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Court"

Once he does that there is no reason he cant be a Multiple Grand Slam Winner.

He gives too much respect to Federer and Nadal. I have a feeling that once he steps on the Court with them he starts somehow playing submissively and below par.

Once he removes from his mind about the Aura of Federer and Nadal he can play onm equal terms with them and beat them on important stages of a Tournament, which has been his bane so far.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Re: My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Cour

Nobody cares what some arm chair analyst on MTF thinks. The real truth Mugray hasn't won a slam is because he is not good enough.

/thread.

Reactions: Chirag

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Re: My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Cour

100% true. Once you step on court with such an attitude you can't make the best out of the match.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts

M for Murray
M for Mug
/Thread.

·
Banned
703 Posts

Nobody cares what some arm chair analyst on MTF thinks. The real truth Mugray hasn't won a slam is because he is not good enough.

/thread.
Totally agree. And may I just say I am a big fan of your no-nonsense posting style. The mental game is totally overrated. Tennis is won by being faster, bigger and stronger than your opponents. Strategy or mentality really has little to do with it. Look at Nadal winning against everyone using the same damn tactic every single point.

I mean, compare Djokovic to Murray - who would you rather have on your side in a street fight!? Lol.

·
Registered
27,280 Posts

Totally agree. And may I just say I am a big fan of your no-nonsense posting style. The mental game is totally overrated. Tennis is won by being faster, bigger and stronger than your opponents. Strategy or mentality really has little to do with it. Look at Nadal winning against everyone using the same damn tactic every single point.

I mean, compare Djokovic to Murray - who would you rather have on your side in a street fight!? Lol.
:facepalm:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

LMAO. He quickly forgot what he said in paragraph 1 and completely contradicts by paragraph 2. This is what drugs will do...:stupid:

·
Registered
4,573 Posts

I'm sure you haven't played tennis never in your life ...

·
Registered
13,526 Posts

What about "better" than your opponent at the sport?

Then again you're the same person who claimed that Murray is on a physical decline after he apparently peaked in the SF at this year's Australian Open, so this post is absolutely unsurprising.

Regarding the topic, I think the issue is quite simple: he hasn't won against Fedal in slams because his dominantly defensive game simply isn't good enough against them at the majors and/or he lets the pressure of playing in a grand slam SF/F get to him. I doubt he's really cowed that much by his "respect" for Fed; he has a positive H2H against him and he didn't let his "respect" get in the way of going all out to beat an injured Fed at the 2008 TMC in a match that didn't matter. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
20,674 Posts

he didn't lose to Federer or Nadal in Indian Wells. He lost to Garcia-Lopez.

Murray didn't seem overwhelmed while beating Federer in the 2010 Shanghai final, or bagelling Nadal in Tokyo. He was cool as a cucumber. His problem doesn't come from his attitude towards other players, but from how he feels about himself.

·
Registered
22,617 Posts

He gives too much respect to Guillermo GOAT Lopez me thinks, but then again, who wouldn't, Nadal couldn't beat him when they played in Bangkok:shrug:

·
Registered
4,711 Posts

"My Say"? lol.

:lol:

·
Registered
56,000 Posts

Also a lot of respect to Donald Young, Bogomolov jr, Wawrinka, etc....

·
Premium Member
21,478 Posts

Totally agree. And may I just say I am a big fan of your no-nonsense posting style. The mental game is totally overrated. Tennis is won by being faster, bigger and stronger than your opponents. Strategy or mentality really has little to do with it.
This is not a NFL forum, I guess you got lost on your way :)

·
Registered
197 Posts

/thread.
What evidence do you have of him not being good enough?

·
Registered
197 Posts

the results ?
Results and being good enough are two seperate entities.

And let's not forget how lucky Djokovic, Nadal and Federer were in their 1st Grand Slam:

Federer gets Mark Philippoussis, ranked 48. His 2nd he gets Marat Safin, ranked 96th.
Nadal gets Mariano Puerta, ranked 37th.
Djokovic gets Tsonga, ranked 38th.

Murrays gets anywhere near as much luck as them and he'd have 3+ slams by now.

·
Premium Member
21,478 Posts

Federer gets Mark Philippoussis, ranked 48. His 2nd he gets Marat Safin, ranked 96th.
Nadal gets Mariano Puerta, ranked 37th.
Djokovic gets Tsonga, ranked 38th.

Murrays gets anywhere near as much luck as them and he'd have 3+ slams by now.
Well, Novak maybe got Tsonga, but you forget before that he had to beat Federer in the semis. Murray got Cilic and Ferrer in AO semis before his two finals, being more lucky that that would probably mean not facing a single top 10 on the way to the trophy. Not very likely :p

·
Registered
6,975 Posts

murray should develop a forehand that is more dangerous than that of a wta player.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Well, Novak maybe got Tsonga, but you forget before that he had to beat Federer in the semis. Murray got Cilic and Ferrer in AO semis before his two finals, being more lucky that that would probably mean not facing a single top 10 on the way to the trophy. Not very likely :p
I get what you are saying but Andy Murray still had to beat Rafael Nadal twice in two serperate majors, even if Nadal pulled out injured towards the end of one, he still had to be beaten. And more importantly, the finals are always going to be alot easier than the semi's. I think the ranking of the opponent in the final is alot more important than the players you face elsewhere in the draw.

Soderling beat Rafa at the French Open. Usually you would think that that feat would be deserving of the title, but he later faced Roger Federer in the final.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Andy Murray as not winning a set out of 9 in slam finals is criminal, but he has been unlucky in the quest for his first, and contrary to popular of belief he quite clearly IS good enough to win a slam(s).

1 - 20 of 58 Posts