Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said I was going to read more, but I've fallen back on my promise-for a couple of reasons.

1. I don't like the content of some of the books available. I'm tired of reading about the same baby daddy/baby mamma drama. I'm also tired of the bored, desperate housewife theme as well.

2. Most books out today are long on BS (see above) and short on imaginative language and vivid scenery.

In response to this quandary, I've stuck with biographies and creative nonfiction as my reading choices. Perhaps having done that has impacted my writing style as well.

In 2006, if I am to read more fiction, I would looove to have more imagination and imagery, ala The Shadow of the Wind (a good read). Soon, I will do some scouting for good books. I said I was going to read Paulo Coelho and maybe pick up books from Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Isabel Allende. I'll see....

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In 2006, I've gotten back into reading. Like I promised myself at the close of 2005, I was not going to read "smut"; I was going to read books that have "value." And this year, I've read several. At the end of this year, I will reflect on those books and make a list for 2007. Until then....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts