Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone interested :) Just liked the guy and his game, wanted to talk for a few minutes.

You struggled a bit during the first set, but the second set was much easier. What was the reason?

JM: It was my first match on clay, for... a while. Last time i was playing properly on clay, was in 2013, but i had shoulder surgery. So it’s been a while since i’ve been able to compete on the clay courts, i think that's the reason i started little slow... Just finding my feet back on this surface.

How do you see your chances ahaed of clay season?

JM: Yeah, I mean, I am playing the European clay season, because i feel like i can do well. I played a lot of clay, starting of in the.. when i first started to turn professional, had to play a lot of club tenis, played a lot on this surface. So..I feel if my body is good, and my mentality is good.. i can win lots of matches.

As an Australian, being and playing in Turkey on Anzac day. How do you feel about that?

JM: Yeah, it is a special day, for, obviously the Australians..and the Turkish. And..it is a real priviledge to play in Istanbul in Anzac day. You always have to be remember, your countrymen, and what they have done for you, so we can live in freedom, and playing in this beautiful country. It’s a great country, and i’m very proud to play here today in this day.

Last question, you will play against Donskoy tomorrow..What would you expect?

JM: Donskoy is really a good player. I think he is playing some of his better stuff on clay courts. You know, I’m just going to..hopefully improve from today’s match. And..I always have to be confident.

·
MONSOON season.
81,957 Posts

Millman has been in a bit of a slump and I am not so confident he can do well on clay, but I hope he does well.

Donskoy playing some of his better stuff on clay courts? :unsure:

Are you going to this tournament all week? Have fun :wavey:

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Oh johnny haha Clay is Donskoys worse surface by far, but i guess he was just making a guess.

Goodluck in Q2 :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts