Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

The special one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During this awful time, I've obviously been spending all my time at home. I've been watching a lot of old matches on TennisTV. However one major drawback is that I can't watch any old slam matches, so I made this plea to ATP media.

I'm sure there's plenty of folk on here that have TennisTV. I'm probably pissing against the wind by writing to them, but hopefully they do listen and put out slam content until the season resumes.

Attachments

Registered
Not going to happen, impossible.

What would be good is if they allowed access, in one way or another, to atptourarchive.com

Plus, you're on the internet, there are tonnes of places to watch slam matches. 馃槀

Registered
I fear that is out of their control.

Btw, could you take a pic of their design, menu, options?

How does the site look where you can watch older matches. Whats the set-up

justice for all
TennisTV probably doesn't have the copyright to publish the slam matches so to do it they'd need to get/buy them first. At least that's what I think. Of course the ITF could and should share them in these difficult times but I doubt they'll do it for free.

The special one
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fear that is out of their control.

Btw, could you take a pic of their design, menu, options?

How does the site look where you can watch older matches. Whats the set-up
Video quality will suck, just briefly whipped this up. You'll get this idea though. The search barin the top right corner you can search for pretty much any big match. For example i watched Djokovic/Nadal match from MC in 2013 the other week. I got a year package for about 拢90 a year, which i think is not too bad.

The special one
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TennisTV probably doesn't have the copyright to publish the slam matches so to do it they'd need to get/buy them first. At least that's what I think. Of course the ITF could and should share them in these difficult times but I doubt they'll do it for free.
Yeah, they emailed me back and pretty much told me what I suspected and what you said, that they don't have the streaming rights. If/When RG and Wimbledon get cancelled they should in these circumstances come to some arrangement. What is TennisTV going to feature during these weeks. Hopefully an agreement can be made so slam matches can get shown at this time. I answered back to them and told them the same thing.

Registered
More and more slams are uploading full Matches on their YouTube channels. They really should do more and more frequently. I mean what鈥檚 their detriment in doing so? No one will pay to watch old tennis matches And more views means more subscribers and more ad revenue.

maybe we should send a plea to them, especially to the trench. Im looking for months for the federer wawrinka full Match oe at least extended highlights but they鈥檙e nowhere to be found

Registered
Video quality will suck, just briefly whipped this up. You'll get this idea though. The search barin the top right corner you can search for pretty much any big match. For example i watched Djokovic/Nadal match from MC in 2013 the other week. I got a year package for about 拢90 a year, which i think is not too bad.

Thanks man!

So how long does a match stay archived that isnt a classic on TennisTV? Say your random R2 from Montpellier this year..

and do those classics like whatever there is now, Djokovic/Canas, stay forever? Are they added every week or so or just have always been there?

Registered
More and more slams are uploading full Matches on their YouTube channels. They really should do more and more frequently. I mean what鈥檚 their detriment in doing so? No one will pay to watch old tennis matches And more views means more subscribers and more ad revenue.

maybe we should send a plea to them, especially to the trench. Im looking for months for the federer wawrinka full Match oe at least extended highlights but they鈥檙e nowhere to be found

Reactions: Lukasgigler

Registered
Thanks man!

So how long does a match stay archived that isnt a classic on TennisTV? Say your random R2 from Montpellier this year..

and do those classics like whatever there is now, Djokovic/Canas, stay forever? Are they added every week or so or just have always been there?
They keep whole tournaments from last two seasons and also this classic staff is uploaded like forever, it is not due to corona thing. You can even browse year by year in Classic section but it is always only big matches usually from semifinal on.

The special one
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks man!

Earlier matches from 250s will stay there the entire year. There's a bar at the top of the Replays section by month to help navigate easier. The classics like Djokovic/Canas will always be there. The bar at the top as shown here is every year dating back to 1990, but it's mostly only SFs or finals, you get the occasional early round match between two big names but they're pretty rare.

Premium Member
Thanks man!

They stick around for a good while. 2018/2019 are still around

Registered
So many matches I've searched for that simply aren't present on YT even with decent highlights. Given OP is a big Murray fan I'm interested if his 2005 Wimbledon 3rd round match v Nalbandian is available on Tennis TV.

His 2012 semi final v Tsonga had its full match on YT not so long ago but disappeared in recent months. Can't find any decent highlights of his quarter final win over Ferrer in same tournament or 5 set win over Verdesco a year later on the way to the title.

Ah see you mean slam matches not available. It is frustrating. Go back 5 years and all you get for many second week matches is 3 minute highlights.

Randomly typed in Federer Stakhovsky Wimbledon 2013 and hardly get anything but that could be the Fedtards wiping that shock defeat out of existance! Nadal Rosol has 26 minute highlights at least.

Registered
Wimbledon, USO and AO have some full matches on their YT channel. They are doing so much to engage fans. Only the FO sucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts