Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, ever since this Republican scandal broke last Friday, I've had quite a bit to express about my annoyance with Republicans. Just to put my feelings about Republicans into perspective for readers...........I consider it one of my top reasons to stop dating a guy. Heck, I'd faster move to Iceland and marry an Eskimo. Anyway, I'm in Starbucks, yesterday evening, expressing my rather acidic political feelings to three of my friends when a lady sitting at the table directly to our left, interrupts, and says, "the republicans are trying to protect us from the liberals who don't care about things like saving the lives of our unborn children."

Well, she plum stuck a scone in our mouths. One of my friends started talking to her and started debating he pro life vs choice position. I didn't say a word. The shock was still wearing off that I had had this experience smack dab in the middle of NYC. So they chat, I drink my latte and prepare to head home.........I should mention that I had work to do at home and I wasn't running away. Anyway, I got up to leave and told everyone toodles. I then turned to the lady and her guest who had joined the conversation, and asked, "have you adopted children??" She watched me with a puzzled look on her face as if, "huh??" I could see the smirk forming on the face of one of my friends. I put a very sweet smile on my face and said, "I have such a tremendous respect for pro life activists that take their activism one step further and actually adopt the innocent children that are being left and forgotten to rot in a Foster care system that isn't even fit for a cute, adorable poodle as your sweetpea. Have a nice evening."

I must admit to feeling quite satisfied with my exit until 10 minute later when God brought me back to earth, quite literally..........I tripped!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts