Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He wins things sometimes and sometimes I think that's good and others, not so good. And sometimes he loses and sometimes I care and other times, not so much. And usually he's just, like, there, and he doesn't evoke a strong reaction from me at all.

Him being a challenging #3 makes the game more interesting, definitely. But him personally, he's just, you know, there.

Yeah.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
That is out of line scoobs, you are either with him or against him. No neutrals are allowed.

·
Registered
857 Posts
And sometimes he eats potatoes, and sometimes he doesn't...
And sometimes he scratches his right leg, and sometimes his left one...
And sometimes he farts and sometimes he burps...

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
This thread completes the trilogy:yeah:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
you were not indifferent enough to post a thread about djokovic.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Really, I always like the Casey Novak character from Law and Order: SVU. SHe's a great Assistant District Attorney... grabbing all the rapists and child molesters and sending them to prison.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Maybe it would make a good ultravox song;
'The feeling has gone only you and I
It means nothing to me
This means nothing to me
Oh, Novak'
*Btw he is one of my fave players, so maybe it does. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
He wins things sometimes and sometimes I think that's good and others, not so good. And sometimes he loses and sometimes I care and other times, not so much. And usually he's just, like, there, and he doesn't evoke a strong reaction from me at all.

Him being a challenging #3 makes the game more interesting, definitely. But him personally, he's just, you know, there.

Yeah.
I don't know how serious this post is, but I kind of agree with you there. Djokovic has all kinds of things going for him - both ways: on one side he appears to have a great sense of humour and his impressions are very funny; on the other side he also appears to be a bit cocky and his tactics at certain times are questionable which riles things up and makes it interesting.

But I'm not feelin' for him all that much. Not sure why. Maybe what we're all looking for is either nice guys or bad guys, while Novak is neither. Maybe we're looking for ugly players and good looking players and Novak is kind of neither. All the while his baseline game is fairly nondescript - nothing unique.

At the same time, the thing with Novak's parents is great for tennis and great for MTF. I have to admit that I would be looking forward to see another Fed-Djoko final because of that type of drama alone.

Edit: Yup. Definitely a joke thread. Either way, at least one person here is indifferent to Djokovic.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know how serious this post is, but I kind of agree with you there. Djokovic has all kinds of things going for him - both ways: on one side he appears to have a great sense of humour and his impressions are very funny; on the other side he also appears to be a bit cocky and his tactics at certain times are questionable which riles things up and makes it interesting.

But I'm not feelin' for him all that much. Not sure why. Maybe what we're all looking for is either nice guys or bad guys, while Novak is neither. Maybe we're looking for ugly players and good looking players and Novak is kind of neither. All the while his baseline game is fairly nondescript - nothing unique.

At the same time, the thing with Novak's parents is great for tennis and great for MTF. I have to admit that I would be looking forward to see another Fed-Djoko final because of that type of drama alone.

Edit: Yup. Definitely a joke thread. Either way, at least one person here is indifferent to Djokovic.
It was created in jest, admittedly, but the sentiments are real enough.

I am fairly indifferent to him at this point.

I was quite excited back around Montreal when he first really said "Hi I'm here" at the very top of the game, but nothing much about his game excites me, and all the fuss that goes on around him, pro and con, is just sorta...there.

Even all the stuff with his parents, I posted on it extensively but I can't say I was, you know, spitting about it all...it was just something to talk about.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts