Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He'll only win 250s and 500s from now on... If he wins anything above them, it's icing on the cake. He has the 20 grand slams, he has the 100 singles titles, he's over 37 1/2 now, father time catches up with us all eventually!! Who else was winning titles at his age in the open era besides Rosewall?? It's time for Rogie to accept he cannot win anything above the 250s and 500s and decide if he wants to keep hanging around or not!! If he truly wants to break Connors' 109 titles, of which he needs 10 more, just play 250s and 500s for now on. If he wants to break Connors' win total, he just has to play through like 2020 and he should have that.... If he wants to win any more grand slams, really any more Masters 1000 titles, and any more WTF titles, those ships appear to have sailed, it's over!! It has truly reached a point where I feel that Rogie has just plain old gotten too old to win big events any more!!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Nothing to do with "Father Time." Federer is a better player now than he was in 2010.

He just has too many "options" now with his stupid drop shots, and they cloud his mind and reduce the effectiveness of his groundstrokes.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Nothing to do with "Father Time." Federer is a better player now than he was in 2010.

He just has too many "options" now with his stupid drop shots, and they cloud his mind and reduce the effectiveness of his groundstrokes.
The reason it seems like he has too many "options" now is because he's looking at alternative avenues to win points since his foehand is about half as effective as it was from 2005-2012.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has everything to do with father time, he's not winning any more grand slams, WTFs, and good chance no more Masters 1000 events either!! It's over for him regarding these events... He needs to stick to the 250s and 500s if he wants to break Connors' record, else just hang up the racket. I honestly feel like he's delusional if he thinks he's winning another grand slam, even at W!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
He’s not too old, he’s just a huge choker like he has been his whole career. Only difference now is that when he was younger he less rarely got in tight matches where his mental midgetry got exposed
Federer has won more matches after facing match point and more matches after being down 2-0 than any player in history.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Federer since 2018 doesnt really win big titles anymore (unless you play leg shaking Cilic for them)

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
He’s not too old, he’s just a huge choker like he has been his whole career. Only difference now is that when he was younger he less rarely got in tight matches where his mental midgetry got exposed
Federer has won more matches after facing match point and more matches after being down 2-0 than any player in history.
Federer has blown 3 grand slam semifinals from match point up, 2 masters finals from match point up, at least 3 big titles from 2 points away off the top of my head (2005 WTF, 2014 Monte Carlo, 2019 Indian Wells, I’m sure there are others)

How many big matches have boatovic and goatdal lost from that position? Zero combined?

·
Registered
709 Posts
He'll only win 250s and 500s from now on... If he wins anything above them, it's icing on the cake. He has the 20 grand slams, he has the 100 singles titles, he's over 37 1/2 now, father time catches up with us all eventually!! Who else was winning titles at his age in the open era besides Rosewall?? It's time for Rogie to accept he cannot win anything above the 250s and 500s and decide if he wants to keep hanging around or not!! If he truly wants to break Connors' 109 titles, of which he needs 10 more, just play 250s and 500s for now on. If he wants to break Connors' win total, he just has to play through like 2020 and he should have that.... If he wants to win any more grand slams, really any more Masters 1000 titles, and any more WTF titles, those ships appear to have sailed, it's over!! It has truly reached a point where I feel that Rogie has just plain old gotten too old to win big events any more!!
Good, will you stop posting now?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
He has just now lost an extremely tight M1000 final lol...it's not like he lost 6-2 6-2 in first round of Masters...he has reached atleast SF in 9 out of 10 Masters since he came back in 2017 and has reached finals in 7 out of those 10 Masters...saying that he won't win even a Masters tournament for rest of this career just doesn't make any sense at all, considering how deep he has been going in every Masters tournament over last 3 years

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, because Rogie may still win 250s and 500s, but I'm not expecting anything much above that from him anymore. If he does win them, it's icing on the cake, but at his age, it is what it is!!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
didnt know you were a Federer hater... now I cant wait for this year to end.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Wow a reasonable post from you I actually agree with. And not only the drop shots. Also the serve and volley on Second serves, the terrible defensive loopy backhands that have no depths nor pace and get punished by a hard hitter like thiem and the forehand that he played in the middle of the court time and time again instead of finding angles

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
didnt know you were a Federer hater... now I cant wait for this year to end.
What are you talking about? I’m a big fed fan. I can be a fan and still be annoyed by what a huge choker Fed is, it’s cost him so many titles throughout his career

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
He has just now lost an extremely tight M1000 final lol...it's not like he lost 6-2 6-2 in first round of Masters...he has reached atleast SF in 9 out of 10 Masters since he came back in 2017 and has reached finals in 7 out of those 10 Masters...saying that he won't win even a Masters tournament for rest of this career just doesn't make any sense at all, considering how deep he has been going in every Masters tournament over last 3 years
He’s just losing to many of these tight matches unfortunately it’s pretty concerning tbh

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Federer has blown 3 grand slam semifinals from match point up, 2 masters finals from match point up, at least 3 big titles from 2 points away off the top of my head (2005 WTF, 2014 Monte Carlo, 2019 Indian Wells, I’m sure there are others)

How many big matches have boatovic and goatdal lost from that position? Zero combined?
Djokovic wasted 2 match points in that endless epic Madrid semifinal against nadal. But it never happened in a final and never in any grand slam match.

Nadal never wasted match point in a big semifinal or final. Doha vs. Davydenko in 2010 was his only final and it was a 250s. Include raonic Indian Wells 2015 Quarter in you want...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts