thanks for the report smitty :yeah: :yeah:
seems like u had a lovely time :D

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
thanks for the report smitty :yeah: :yeah:
seems like u had a lovely time :D
You are very welcome. I have had a great time. It's been about 9 years since I've been to a tournament and I forgot what it was like. I also know I'm buying box seats again! I've met some very nice people too. Now I am almost ready to leave for the finals!

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This is the last day of my vacation and I need another week off to recover! I'm exhausted! I left a bit late and got there during the middle of the first set for the doubles final, good stuff. It was kind of sunny for that then it got very cloudy, but still humid. Before I left, I saw a line of thunderstorms coming from the west, it was over WV when I saw the radar, so I knew we would cut it close in DC. Luckily, it held off until I was on the beltway after it was all over! After the dubs, I walked around to the grandstand and sat in the shaded section just to stay out of the sun and look at my pictures because it's hard to see the little screen in the sun. About 2:55, I made it back to my seat for A-rod/Isner. It was pretty good, Andy's serve is just solid. Isner held up pretty good, he played well, he impressed me all week. So that's my tournament week! I am trying to upload over 500 pictures right now, will have to narrow that down for my album, let everyone know when they're up. And someone told me I should be a professional photographer and they didn't even see my good shots, hmmm. Yeah, I've been told that, I did a lot of tennis photography 10-13 years ago then went into concert photography (and I've been told those are terrific too). If money wasn't an issue, I would do it, but I don't know how to give up a good steady paycheck that I get now with my current career. Ok, the pics are uploaded, now I'm off to work on them.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok, folks, might be some time before I get more pictures in the album, I just looked at how many I took, over 900! There are a bunch of duds, blurry ones, hands or rackets (or other people's heads or hats) in front of faces and stuff like that, but a lot more good ones than I expected. I'm impressed with my digital camera! Sometimes when I use it for concerts, it's hit or miss, I either wind up with great shots or they are all blurry. I am going to bed, I'm too tired to mess with it all tonight, plus I have to go to work in the morning.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I added 27 more pictures to my album tonight. Have a bunch more to add tomorrow. Please don't take my pictures without asking me first.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I finally finished adding pictures to my album! Now I'm going to sleep! There are 203 pictures in there, narrowed down from just over 900.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts