Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Play Stuttgart, Halle, and W, you don't want to go into just W with no matches played and if you only play in Halle and lose early there, you come into W undercooked, so play Stuttgart, Halle, and W to get into shape!!

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His personal website says W is his next event, but I disagree with this move if it stays that way, Rogie needs to play Halle too and maybe even Stuttgart, to get himself into shape, just playing W won't do it and all of the so-called match practice in the world means nothing, needs to play real competitive matches!!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Following his own statement, he did not list Halle among the tournaments he will miss, so I assume he intends to play there if the recovery goes well. Whether he considers adding Stuttgart, is another question.

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
I’ve passed this advice on to Rogie’s team through my source and was told that Rogie responded with “please tell my number 1 fan Sethie that Rogie will take his valuable advice under consideration as I plan my final comeback before retiring following the Laver Cup.”

Reactions: Murray Mint

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
It doesn't do him good playing in Stuttgart. Lost to Thiem in 2016, lost to Haas in 2017, and his victory there in 2018 didn't prepare him for a good performance in Wimbledon - he lost to KAndy despite having match points.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
He should play when he is ready and not come back too early just because it´s grass. In fact grass could be the worst surface after knee surgery. Even for a player who thrives on grass like Roger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts