1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wins: Dubai, Halle, and Basel
Finals: W, Miami or Indian Wells
SF: AO (if he plays), Miami or Indian Wells
QF or earlier: Everywhere else (i.e. FO, USO, etc..)

So 3 titles for 106 total, 2 other finals, 2 other SFs, QF or earlier everywhere else!!

What're your thoughts??

This will likely be Rogie's last year, or last fuller season for Rogie...

·
Premium Member
29,776 Posts
Wins: Halle
Finals: Basel
SF: Dubai
QF or earlier: WB, USO

Only 1 title added to the collection and slowly realizing that Rosewall was better in his 40's than the Maestro himself...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
If he ever returns, it's only going to be to play exhibitions, including Laver Cup doubles possibly. His competitive career is over.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After all, in 2020 in his only official event he made the AO SF losing only to Djokovic, and in 2021 he made the QF of W on one leg (4th round W/O for FO isn't too shabby either)!!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I see a few big roadblocks in regards to any possible comeback.

1) He had his most serious knee operation yet that required months on crutches.
2) He'll be 41 next season
3) His movement and reflexes will likely be further diminished.
4) His ranking will plummet. He will likely be unseeded after AO is over and would be able to face the top players as early as R1.
5) He'd have to rebuild his ranking at 41 and shake off the rust after barely playing over the past two years after multiple surgeries.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right, forgot that was you, interesting, you think Halle, a good pick, but I'm wondering if he can win one last Dubai or even one last Basel at home!!

·
Registered
17,234 Posts
Not sure who Rogie is but if youre referring to Federer then he'll win Wimbledon. Dont know and don't care about other tournaments.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even if Rogie forever has the 103 career singles titles, at least his last title was the 2019 Basel title, in his home country, at the event where he was once ball boy, kind of befitting!!

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
I suspect him to win an Oscar for his portrayal of Tarzan in the live action remake.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Alot of pressure put on his shoulders. Just enjoy every match he comes back. Expecting him to win will only become a disapointement. I hope he at least stays healthy.

Reactions: NNEO and HeadLegend
1 - 20 of 37 Posts