Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After his def to Tsonga everyone was proclaiming he's overrated he'll never make it. Lost to a mug etc etc.

In truth he was just extremely unlucky. Had Nadal drawn Tsonga in the 1st round he would have lost too.

Muzza will move on from this and i believe will have an amazing 2008!

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
I had the same thought only I'm afraid Andy's not really feeling much happier about his loss.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Murray will still be very disappointed with the loss, but yes, he could of hoped for a better draw.

If he wants to win slams, he has to beat 'hot streak' players though.

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
After his def to Tsonga everyone was proclaiming he's overrated he'll never make it. Lost to a mug etc etc.

In truth he was just extremely unlucky. Had Nadal drawn Tsonga in the 1st round he would have lost too.

That's one of those 'what if' statements that I think are a waste of time to dwell on. We don't know if Tsonga would have played in the 1st round the way he played today against Nadal. His performance and confidence today built up after a series of good wins against several opponents.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Murray will still be very disappointed with the loss, but yes, he could of hoped for a better draw.

If he wants to win slams, he has to beat 'hot streak' players though.
True.
But for a top-ten player in the 1st round its very rare you'll meet someone of such high quality.

Still I know more than anyone Muzza has to prove he can do it at a big tournie and soon.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
His performance and confidence today built up after a series of good wins against several opponents.
exactly the point i tried to make in several threads as well: a guy like tsonga desperately needs confidence to go for shots. and he wasn't confident going into the match vs. murray as he just lost vs. nieminen and seppi.

nadal would've worn tsonga down if he had met him in round 1, i'm absolutely sure about that.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Murray's a head case, and doesnt even come near the talent of a guy like Tsonga. I heralded a while ago this kid promised gr8 things, and Im glad I was proved right. Now Tsonga is gonna be the new measuring stick of how far players have progresed when they face him.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Murray's a head case, and doesnt even come near the talent of a guy like Tsonga. I heralded a while ago this kid promised gr8 things, and Im glad I was proved right. Now Tsonga is gonna be the new measuring stick of how far players have progresed when they face him.
I like what Tsonga does and how well he does it, but unfortunately I'm starting to wish he'd have a major letdown after this just so you will dry up.

You're like a yappity little shitty dog barking and crapping over every thread.

You've made 169 posts so far, 25% of them have been slagging other players off, 25% of them having been praising Tsonga to the heavens like he's the second coming of Christ, and in the other half, you have been doing both at the same time.

I think I speak for many when I say: Give it a rest and calm down.

We get it.

He's good.

He's done some awesome things this event.

Time will tell how good he can be, so give it a chance.

For the sake of the collective sanity of MTF GM, I implore you.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts

Yes, keep telling yourself that. :)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I like what Tsonga does and how well he does it, but unfortunately I'm starting to wish he'd have a major letdown after this just so you will dry up.

You're like a yappity little shitty dog barking and crapping over every thread.

You've made 169 posts so far, 25% of them have been slagging other players off, 25% of them having been praising Tsonga to the heavens like he's the second coming of Christ, and in the other half, you have been doing both at the same time.

I think I speak for many when I say: Give it a rest and calm down.

We get it.

He's good.

He's done some awesome things this event.

Time will tell how good he can be, so give it a chance.

For the sake of the collective sanity of MTF GM, I implore you.
amen!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
well today Tsonga played way better than against Murray...
Not only that, even fed would have been mince meat at the other end.
Im not in love in Tsonga, I praise him because I HAVE STUCK WITH THIS KID SINCE 2005 when I first discovered him. I tried to find out more about him, read his sad life story, watched him at queens, and now he's a revelation, HE DESERVES ALL THIS PRAISE. Whether you like it or not, the kid's got talent and is here to stay, and u gonna have to reckon with him... and me!!

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Im not in love in Tsonga, I praise him because I HAVE STUCK WITH THIS KID SINCE 2005 when I first discovered him. I tried to find out more about him, read his sad life story, watched him at queens, and now he's a revelation, HE DESERVES ALL THIS PRAISE. Whether you like it or not, the kid's got talent and is here to stay, and u gonna have to reckon with him... and me!!
Yeah well...people like you come...and they go again...

It's all just a little bit of history repeating.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
What's about it?

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
I discovered him before that, in paris bercy 04 ;)

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Depends how he looks at it. He could view it a missed opportunity. Had he squeezed past, he would have had a real shot at making the final.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Well u cant predict the future can ya ?
I predict you will either

Stop coming here

Calm down to a large degree

or

Get banned for pissing people off/insulting people/displaying bad board etiquette too much, etc.

Hopefully the middle option. You might have some interesting things to say when you calm down, STOP CAPITALISING THE MIDDLE OF SENTENCES, and spamming every thread with the latest remnants of your last asslicking session.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts