1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andrew Murray to beat Roger Federer @ 4.6

Andrew Murray 2-0 @ 8.6

Reasons:

Federer usually struggles to get back into rhythm after a long break. Most of the times he is playing mugs in the first round so he can get away with it but this time he is playing a quality player in what was the hardest possible draw he could have got. Obviously if Federer plays anywhere close to his best, then he whips Murray in straights but Murray has a habit of bringing down players levels and is the sort of player that can irritate Fed. The players that Fed loses to are those who retrieve well - Nadal, Canas, Djokovic, Nalbandian and also Murray so the match up is not the greatest for Fed.
Its worth a dabble IMO.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I also have a pick for today..I'll just post it here since another topic isn't necesary if you ask me :)

Soderling - Darcis under 87.5 minutes @ 1.85 (unibet)
Soderling is on fire and plays very short games with his big serve and attacking play. He beat Niemeyer (47min), Hanescu (43 min), Roddick (86min) and Stepanek (77min) thusfar. Darcus is also having a great week. He has only proven himself on clay on the main tour before this week but is showing his potential now.He went past Spadea in a thriller (3 setter, with 2 tiebreaks in it) which still lasted just 1 hour 59min. He also beat Melzer in 77 minutes, Becker in 50 and Bjorkman in 107 minutes (3setter). If this one goes to 2 sets, which I expect, it should surely be an under 87.5 minutes. The line is almost the equivalent of 2-0 (or 0-2) if you ask me. Soderling has been unbreakable and is looking for revenge after Rotterdam. He will take it in 2.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I love Mondays and Tuesdays since there are so many matches to pick from. All these players have a real chance so 1 unit on each:

murray @ 4.53
f.lopez @ 2.31
tojo @ 2.14
tursunov @ 2.7
rochus @ 2.6
falla @ 2.3
hewitt @ 1.74

added:
berlocq @ 2.89
sela @ 4.45

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Tojo could be worth a bet vs Canas. Wasn't impressed at all with Canas vs Berlocq at Acapulco and his serve seemed to be weak. Tojo is a bit up and down these days and has struggled to cope with the big servers since his eye operation. But against a soft hitter such as Canas, this shouldn't be as much as a problem and ever since the American hard court season last summer, he has performed pretty consistently and has a good shot at beating a rusty Canas.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Any handicap available on Al Ghareeb? He always plays tight matches in Dubai, even against Fed. Either he raises his game big-time here or the Sheiks point out to his opponents that they're being paid a fuckload of money to be there and it would be quite impolite for them to hammer the local guy....

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any handicap available on Al Ghareeb? He always plays tight matches in Dubai, even against Fed. Either he raises his game big-time here or the Sheiks point out to his opponents that they're being paid a fuckload of money to be there and it would be quite impolite for them to hammer the local guy....
Remember he played against Fed a couple of years ago and looked very good. Serve vollyer if I remember correctly. Davy always takes a while to get going after breaks, which is why I guess he plays so much.....so could be worth looking at.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I also have a pick for today..I'll just post it here since another topic isn't necesary if you ask me :)

Soderling - Darcis under 87.5 minutes @ 1.85 (unibet)
Soderling is on fire and plays very short games with his big serve and attacking play. He beat Niemeyer (47min), Hanescu (43 min), Roddick (86min) and Stepanek (77min) thusfar. Darcus is also having a great week. He has only proven himself on clay on the main tour before this week but is showing his potential now.He went past Spadea in a thriller (3 setter, with 2 tiebreaks in it) which still lasted just 1 hour 59min. He also beat Melzer in 77 minutes, Becker in 50 and Bjorkman in 107 minutes (3setter). If this one goes to 2 sets, which I expect, it should surely be an under 87.5 minutes. The line is almost the equivalent of 2-0 (or 0-2) if you ask me. Soderling has been unbreakable and is looking for revenge after Rotterdam. He will take it in 2.
Bet won but don't ask me how :eek:

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Ferrer @ $1.47 - Short odds but not short enough IMO
Minar @ $4.1 - Fading an outta form Andreev fresh from the clay.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Leans - Fed X 1.90 to win Dubai,hopefully he is healthy!!

Canas 1.78 over Tojo!
Verdasco 2-0 @1.83 over Shittler!
Kiefer 1.65 over Becker!
Tursunov 2.45 over Ritchie!
Rusty 1.65 over Safin!

Good luck!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts