Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbelievable contrast in tennis brains. You'd think Ginepri would've had a plan to test Murray's forehand after 3 months out with a wrist injury, and it was pretty clear to everyone that Murray couldn't hit full pace on the forehand, yet Ginepri kept hitting to his backhand. I don't think Andy hit a winner off his forehand all match (except maybe a couple of passes).

Truly thoughtless tennis from Ginepri his lack of brains astounds me. Murray played it like a practice match and was still far too good. He should get past Fognini but that'll be it, still doesn't look anything close to 100%. Seems the new lighter racquet he's using helped his serve, 63% first serves in is considerably better than the past.

Congrats Andy :) :yeah:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Murray def. Ginepri 6-4 6-4

:D :D :D

Great to see Andy back on court! Well done, Andy. Keep it going!

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts
Ginepri's tennistic intelligence makes baby animals cry

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Well done Murray!

I remember in their last meeting where Murray was cramping and could hardly run, and Ginepri was serve volleying and shortening points. Truly a master tactician.

Murray was pretty good coming back of the injury. Very passive off the forehand, which is a shame - just before the injury he was starting to actually hit hard off that wing. His backhand looks as deadly as always, I like the way he attacks second serves with it. Hopefully he'll become more aggressive as he's very frustrating when passive.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
ginepri blew the second set, was 3-0 up and 3-1 40-15

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Unbelievable contrast in tennis brains. You'd think Ginepri would've had a plan to test Murray's forehand after 3 months out with a wrist injury, and it was pretty clear to everyone that Murray couldn't hit full pace on the forehand, yet Ginepri kept hitting to his backhand. I don't think Andy hit a winner off his forehand all match (except maybe a couple of passes).

Truly thoughtless tennis from Ginepri his lack of brains astounds me. Murray played it like a practice match and was still far too good. He should get past Fognini but that'll be it, still doesn't look anything close to 100%. Seems the new lighter racquet he's using helped his serve, 63% first serves in is considerably better than the past.

Congrats Andy :) :yeah:

How do you know his new racquet is lighter?

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Whatever happened to Ginepri? He's been absolute shit since 2005.
Lack of coaching. I think I've just about given up on him. He had talent, and potential, but he is the type of player who MUST have solid coaching and a plan all laid out for him before matches. Doesn't have that anymore and it shows.

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
After injury and 3 months break as good as can be expected.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Good job Andy - after three months out a straight sets win is as good as I could have hoped for.

Tentative a bit on the forehand and slicing quite a few but he said in the PMI that this was down to confidence, not pain, and he expects to gradually get that back up to full tilt. So that's alright then.

I'm just glad to have him back, because I love the way he plays and frustrates his opponents. I already get the feeling Ginepri can't stand playing him and is already 0-3 in the H2H.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Murray has a forehand? When did the worst player in the top 500 develop one of those?? When he was taking junkballing lessons in spain?

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Never in doubt.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
How do you know his new racquet is lighter?
They (Petchey and Sam Smith) were talking about it during the match. Petch didn't know the details of the new racquet though.

It's sooo good to see Muzza back on the court! Like a few of you have said, I was astonished that Ginepri didn't hit to the forehand more often. When Muzza did return off that wing, he was hitting with much less pace and, in fact, just blocked it back a few times.

He should be good for the second round win, though.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whatever happened to Ginepri? He's been absolute shit since 2005.
His forehand used to be a pretty decent shot, now it's absolutely atrocious. He's destined to become a journeyman, floating around the 50 mark. He's got potential, he just needs a brain and a bit of confidence.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts