Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good to see Muzza has sorted out his little 1 set sleep problem :silly:

2 bagels in 2 matches though, can't complain.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,411 Posts
so many bagels and breadsticks in these first 3 days

Murray looked in sucky mode in the first set but after that came back strongly

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Nutty little hot mess of a match, a Murray special.

First set his game had gone on ahead to Melbourne. Then Schuettler got tired, Andy got going (somewhat) and that was that. It still wasn't a performance Andy will look back fondly upon but he got it done in the end.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
That was a pretty good shot Murray had...I think it might have been set point, or at least game point in the second set. He was on the dead run and flicked it for the winner.

What a weird match. Still, I'm not complaining. Always good to see Murray pull out a win. :D

Schuettler completely crumpled in the 2nd set. yikes.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Murray is soo popular that all his fans are starting threads on his matches! :D

Strange 1st set. Very solid there onwards..Class act :D

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
:retard: :lol:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Expected the win, not the score though. What was Muzza thinking, or is not thinking the problem? That won't fly with a solid top 10er.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Schuettler def. Pavel 1-6 6-2 6-0
Murray def. Schuettler 1-6 6-0 6-1

:silly:

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
... and you'd never see Gasquet with back to back bagel matches!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Last year in Tokyo, Gasquet def. Schuettler 6-2 6-2 while Murray lost a set against this same opponent.:eek:
Thank you for pointing this out. People seem to forget that Gasquet did really well last season. He made it to the TMC, went deep in a couple slams, and finished in the top ten. It should be noted, however, that Murray could have done this probably, but he had injuries.

·
Registered
208 Posts
don't know why you have problems with gasquet. think murray is progressing to top 3 league. it is time to compare him with nadal, nole.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
richie21 said:
Last year in Tokyo, Gasquet def. Schuettler 6-2 6-2 while Murray lost a set against this same opponent. :eek:
So? Schuettler sucked last year and he's improved in 2008

embaressing that Richie lost 4 games to him in Tokyo if you ask me

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
So? Schuettler sucked last year and he's improved in 2008

embaressing that Richie lost 4 games to him in Tokyo if you ask me
He can't have been playing that badly considering Hewitt lost 13 games to him in 2 sets in a tournament the week before.

I think this is more a question of match-ups, the only other time Schuettler faced Murray he was hardly much better ranked than he is now and he ended up serving for the match before Murray squeaked through in three.

Reactions: Corey Feldman
1 - 20 of 41 Posts