It wasn't a serious comeback.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
:lol: he waited until his first (real) win to retire. Classy :hatoff:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
It was never a comeback to be a top player again. In fact the word "comeback" isn't really accurate whatsoever. He had fun, won a couple matches, had fans loving watching a former slam champ at their events, so everything has been a success for him.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
No, it wasn't pointless, either. If people would actually read why he came back, you would realize exactly why he did so, and what he sought to get out of it. Stop the disrespect for Muster, the guy is someone people should look up to, not criticize.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
all those wasted WCs :help: and he was hardly a crowd favourite to justify them :shrug:

·
Registered
2,140 Posts

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
He finally started to become half decent again, makes no sense to retire now. Going to challenger makes sense, it's what he should have been doing in the first place instead of taking wildcards.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
No, it wasn't pointless, either. If people would actually read why he came back, you would realize exactly why he did so, and what he sought to get out of it. Stop the disrespect for Muster, the guy is someone people should look up to, not criticize.
There's absolutely no disrespect in what we're saying here, just being realistic. If he wanted to do it for the fun or for the fans he should've just played on the senior events. I'm sure his efforts there would've been much more appreciated.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
all those wasted WCs :help: and he was hardly a crowd favourite to justify them :shrug:
Hmm, I think you are not on the right path. Kitzbühel was packed when he played, same for Vienna. Whatever reasons he came back for, that's his choice but it attracted interest at the events the last one in Todi as well.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
The senior tour isn't really competitive and that's one of the main things he was seeking, recapturing his competitive drive.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's absolutely no disrespect in what we're saying here, just being realistic. If he wanted to do it for the fun or for the fans he should've just played on the senior events. I'm sure his efforts there would've been much more appreciated.
Absolutly !!!!!!

·
30,365 Posts
I'm sure the events that he played at where they had an actual crowd on Monday for the first time ever agree with you...

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Fair enough to be honest, he wanted competition and the seniors is not competative so it seemed logical. Perhaps he should now look for something competative in another sport, Cycling or running perhaps.

·
Registered
22,469 Posts
Disgusting, just when I was looking forward to Roland Garros 2012.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Fair enough to be honest, he wanted competition and the seniors is not competative so it seemed logical. Perhaps he should now look for something competative in another sport, Cycling or running perhaps.
I'm not sure that this is entirely true as he was getting spanked by almost everyone on the seniors tour.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts