Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean. He can make it as he is very king and in next game he can occasionally get serious injury and lost match)))
Example his opponent if his best friend. What will be better in this situation?

·
Registered
297 Posts
yes

Reactions: xdrewitdajx

·
justice for all
18,038 Posts
I say: no frendship or mercy in proffessional sport. If you can win a golden set - do it.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Counting in tennis is constructed in this way that it can become 6-0 6-0 5-4 from 6-0 6-0 5-0 in a blink of an eye. So yes - break the serve and go home. Of course I put up an extreme example, but also a triple bagel is very rare (happened only 5 times in Grand Slams in history, the last one in 1993)

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Federer definitely gifted Murray a game to avoid the double bagel at the WTF.

"At the end I was happy I didn't win the second to last game to be quite honest. Yeah, it's uncomfortable. I don't know. I don't like it." [source]

·
Registered
132 Posts
I mean. He can make it as he is very king and in next game he can occasionally get serious injury and lost match)))
Example his opponent if his best friend. What will be better in this situation?
It is for me patronisations , behaviours of false manifestations , for allowance of game in this moment

For me I think not only , but 99.9%

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Most players are probably going to relax a bit anyway to save energy once they win the first set easily and see they can do whatever they want without risk of losing the match.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Is this even a question? If you can triple bagel someone, hell yeah you do it. And afterwards you make him pay your beer.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No offense, Malvin, but out of curiosity how old are you ?
Federe made so! And Djokovic some times!!! Why I'm kid?(

Federer definitely gifted Murray a game to avoid the double bagel at the WTF.

"At the end I was happy I didn't win the second to last game to be quite honest. Yeah, it's uncomfortable. I don't know. I don't like it." [source]

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Showing mercy can shift momentum and cost you the match. Heck, it might even be arrogant to think that at the given score line, you've got the victory secured. After all, you still need to win 2 points more than the opponent in at least one more remaining game.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts