Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,976 Posts
If I don't have to listen to Dicky Enberg, and his OH MY, at any point of the year, that's all I ask for. :lol:

Okay, maybe Mary Carillo's endless non sequiturs, and commentary about all the Nadal family members living together too, but I won't be greedy. :angel:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
He and I exchanged messages about that today, and I was right he only went there because he does know her, but it didn't translate well on TV in that situation. He told me that he ran into Maria a little while later and she laughed and thanked him for the compliment. I think he understands now how awkward it came across to the average tennis viewer. I know his sense of goofiness, and I laughed out loud when he did it, but I saw right away that it looked wierd.
You really know him that well, then? You couldn't use some of that Fee influence to get other commentators to sharpen up their act, could you? Not that it matters a jot to me, but....

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I think Justin is one of the better commentators on TTC. Yes, he has had a couple of hiccups, but for the most part, he is a vast improvement over the others. Just imagine if Jimmy Arias??(not sure of his last name) and that other guy who usually calls matches with him were calling matches for the AO. I usually have to leave them on mute. The very worst commentating. So, Justin is an improvement. He is new at this, so give him a chance.
Jimmy what's his face is so boring I always forget him by the time the next grand slam comes around. His voice is so nondescript and I've never seen his face on air....not that I'd want to but yeah, he does suck.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
You really know him that well, then? You couldn't use some of that Fee influence to get other commentators to sharpen up their act, could you? Not that it matters a jot to me, but....
Ummm, yes I know him that well, and noooo, I have no influence over anything (except possibly getting him to reduce the amount of hair gel he used before today's show).

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Anyone else not like his, "Good Challenge, Roger" attention whoring during the Santoro match? He let his mind sit in high school much too long, as you can infer from his comments. Fee, while I agree with you about most things, this guy is a major tool.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
He's a very dear friend to me Trixtah and I love him lots. I'm not going to argue with you, you just have a different opinion. No worries. :) :hug:

He was having too much fun in that Santoro-Fed match, he let his inner tennis fanboy get the best of him. He loves the sport, I can't begrudge him that.

·
Premium Member
25,472 Posts
I don't have TTC so I haven't been able to hear how Justin is doing with his commentating but I have heard a lot about this incident:
Anyone else not like his, "Good Challenge, Roger" attention whoring during the Santoro match? He let his mind sit in high school much too long, as you can infer from his comments.
From Hickman's blog:
Justin Gimelstob shouted from courtside, "Challenge it, Roger! I'm sitting on that baseline and Santoro's shot was clearly out." Raja heard him, challenged the call and got the overturn. We ask for some objectivity from the commentators, no? But when they are cheering so overtly for a player who's already delivering a dismantling that they help him win a point he doesn't even need, surely a line as been crossed.
Justin will probably get a heap of criticism for that. He's new at this so allowing for a learning curve he's bound to get better.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.