Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It cracks me up. I know very little about him, but when I saw him put his index finger to his lip after beating Pavel, I was like "what's that all about". Then, I read an article where it said that gesture was meant to silence his critics. LMAO. He's full of himself for one so young and inexperienced.

But I cut him some slack, since he is young and immature. I hope for his sake that he starts to post some decent results to back up that gesture.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
wow, what a thread!

·
F***ing have it
17,559 Posts
:retard:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I only caught the last bit of that match and I thought he was Shhh-ing the spectators because they were booing him. Then I found out that the spectators were by and large supporting him. Then BBC cleared it up in a caption with the Shhh picture

He's young, he has antics, and he did all that AFTER the match was over. No big deal. I would love to see a Federer-murray R4 match

·
Registered
84 Posts
God, if he thinks he's being unfairly treated now, just wait until he hits the top 100 and starts playing the tour week in, week out. All the press i've seen in over here in the UK has been of the fawning kind. They couldn't care less about Henman now they've got a new prospect to salivate over. I'm amazed i haven't seen them speculating on when he'll win Wimbledon.

But once he hits the tour full time, and loses ONE big match, then they'll turn on him. And the histrionics should be hilarious to watch if his attitude even now is to be believed.

Having said that, i like him. He's funny, and with some of the boring non entities on the tour, i rather like seeing a bit of drama. He just needs to start up a career long feud with another player on the tour, and it'll be perfect. I too, hope it'll be a Federer-Murray match in R4. If only for seeing how long it takes the Sky Sports team to suggest that he. might. just. win.

And of course, he'll get schooled in 3 short sets.

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Get over it...he has an attitude...so what. Thats what makes Andy Andy!!!

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
The press haven't really been bad, at all, so not sure if that's correct. :lol: Makes me laugh when footballers do it, just looks pretty stupid actually :D

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
:zzz: If he is getting irked by critics now, he should wait until he gets into the top 100 then he will know what real critics are

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
I liked it! :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Its a typical British sportspersons reaction when they 'prove their critics wrong'.....

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Tennis_Mad said:
Its a typical British sportspersons reaction when they 'prove their critics wrong'.....
I have nothing against Murray and i certainly don't want to enter the polemic here but you made me want to ask: Has Henman ever done it? Because he had to face some critics himself so... :confused:

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
for god's sake stop with the Murray threads, if you have a problem with him keep it to yourself! Most of us are tired hearing about it...

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
delsa, did Tim ever do anything? Let alone anything controversial ;)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
did he proved them wrong in wining Wimbledon ;)
but I don't think it's typical at all

1 - 20 of 33 Posts