Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since his Wimbledon victory Murray hasn't reached any Final and lost 12 straight tournaments. This was ( is? ) hardest period of Murray's career, when he fought with injury, continued without coach Lendl, and off course his head (that he can't repair).

People over weighed his injury as cause of failure, along with split with Lendl but it was his head and Lendl who did major damage to his game and body.

Now he's recovered from injury well, has managed to overcome Lendl influence and finally playing his own Tennis with variety, driving rallies with his strong backhand, will he manage to get his consistency back in masters and Slams?

It looks like he's playing inspired Tennis even on his weakest surface and managed to reach RG QF in his comeback year silenced the critics.

I hope he'll continue to play his own Tennis rather than getting shadowed by dominant coaches.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
fastgrass = Murray fan?

But I would say that whilst we can't definitively say until we see his form on Grass, he showed signs of hitting his best in Rome.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
He's playing better, that much is certain. His form is almost back to its best. In fact, Rome and RG this year is the best I've ever seen him play on clay.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Yes he's had a better clay season than I expected, especially after his horrific performance against Giraldo in Madrid. If he can beat Monfils then SF of RG is an absolutely fantastic result for him.

He needs to fix that first serve and rediscover the drop shot before he's a serious candidate for actually winning titles again though.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I don't know, I might sound crazy. I have a feeling that Murray might win RG. You can laugh at it. It is just my feeling.

Just a stupid pattern to back it up.
2012 - USO
2013 - WO
2014 - FO?
2015 - AO??

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts
I don't know, I might sound crazy. I have a feeling that Murray might win RG. You can laugh at it. It is just my feeling.

Just a stupid pattern to back it up.
2012 - USO
2013 - WO
2014 - FO?
2015 - AO??
Jinx -------- Accomplished

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Jinx -------- Accomplished
:D

If I were to be in that group, I would open a thread. Wouldn't I? :p

And, if a single post of mine can cause miracles. I would be extremely happy and post for better things to happen this world then some player winning a tennis match.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah I think he is. He seems to be playing much more aggressively and with a new found confidence. A SF would be the best he could probably hope for, and would end a great clay court season for him. Sets him up very well for the clay court season.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Yes he's had a better clay season than I expected, especially after his horrific performance against Giraldo in Madrid. If he can beat Monfils then SF of RG is an absolutely fantastic result for him.

He needs to fix that first serve and rediscover the drop shot before he's a serious candidate for actually winning titles again though.
His serve really is a big liability, he will need to improve that in his next round. But overall I am impressed with how he has been playing recently, good to see him in is kind of form. The semis here would be fantastic indeed.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Murray is weak as always on clay.

He was lucky, Kohlschreiber choke and Roland Garros having no flood lights, so they stopped at 7 : 7 when Kohli had the edge.
Otherweise Murray would have sent back to Northern Ireland some days ago. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
[...]
People over weighed his injury as cause of failure, along with split with Lendl but it was his head and Lendl who did major damage to his game and body.

[...]
will he manage to get his consistency back in masters and Slams?

I don't know where you get that? Lendl did 'major damage to his Body'? :confused:
Murray was never (since 2011) inconsistent in Slams! He always reached the later Rounds. Even in RG his last Results were QF (L. to Ferru) and SF (L. to Rafa).
But I agree with you when it comes to Masters. If he ever want to achieve the No1 Spot, he has to be more consistent in Masters.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts

He was lucky, Kohlschreiber choke and Roland Garros having no flood lights, so they stopped at 7 : 7 when Kohli had the edge.
Otherweise Murray would have sent back to Northern Ireland some days ago. :rolleyes:
Still feeling the hurt i see?

And Northern Ireland? did i miss a meeting or something?

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

wow

it was Murray who was 4-2 up in the 4th you know :wavey:

just saying :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts