Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before people start, no this is not a jinx thread.

His serve so far has been awful, a shoulder problem? He didn't put it above 110mph vs. Karlovic.

ofc he will crush Popsical but vs. Roger? A loss in 4 max awaits.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Did anyone think he had a chance in the first place?

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
You do have a point and I do think Federer will punish him for that serve in the semis

·
Registered
5,886 Posts

His serve so far has been awful, a shoulder problem? He didn't put it above 110mph vs. Karlovic.

He served 3/4 paced first serves on purpose. Did the same against the Canadian Bot in Madrid.

It works well.

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
Well let's face it. The match was always on Fed's racquet.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
He's protecting his shoulder, yeah. Apparently that MTO against Seppi was necessary rather than tactical. Sucks man.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
This year's Wimbledon is shaping up like the Special Olympics, with the least retarded stumbling over the line for the gold.

Reactions: xelena

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Roger is not the Roger of old. Heck, you can't even be 100% certain he'd beat Simon. I don't think there's anything wrong with Murray's shoulder. I hope there isn't anyway. Can't have pushovic vulture another slam on centre court.

Reactions: Cloren

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

Youre dreaming his game is now TOO STRONG to lose to Federer. Simon will take the sting out of Federers tail. By the time Murray gets ahold of him he will be done. Federer has and always will look good against lower level players. Once you put a top 5 player in front of him. The real Federer steps forward.

And MISTAKES start coming by the barrel. Federer doesn't like being rushed or toyed with. He loses his demeanor and his game goes with it. Murray knows exactly how to play Federer. There's no surprise element with Federer. Karlovic was the hardest test LOBRAY will face this Wimbledon. The rest will feel like amateurs now. That was his BIG TEST. And he passed it with flying lobs!!!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
phase3 is the Nadal fan version of chico - pollutes every thread with the same rubbish. Before the tournament he was talking about how Berdych would soften Federer up for Nadal and now that Berdal got their clocks cleaned by Brownimon he's hyping up other players :spit:

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Youre dreaming his game is now TOO STRONG to lose to Federer. Simon will take the sting out of Federers tail. By the time Murray gets ahold of him he will be done. Federer has and always will look good against lower level players. Once you put a top 5 player in front of him. The real Federer steps forward.

And MISTAKES start coming by the barrel. Federer doesn't like being rushed or toyed with. He loses his demeanor and his game goes with it. Murray knows exactly how to play Federer. There's no surprise element with Federer. Karlovic was the hardest test LOBRAY will face this Wimbledon. The rest will feel like amateurs now. That was his BIG TEST. And he passed it with flying lobs!!!
:rolleyes:

Federer leads against Simon in the head to head, and having watched both players, Federer will go into the match with most of his game working well.

As for Murray, he's going to struggle if he can't sort his serve out. Novak, Federer and Stan will all be able to exploit. That's a lot of pressure to absorb against those guys. Murrays best hope is to sort his serve out and hope for an easy draw.

·
Super Moderator
9,391 Posts
Fuck, I've got even a pain in my shoulder watching him (no joke, it hurts)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
He hasn't served well since the surgery (outside of Munich where he weirdly turned into Sampras for a week). Main reason he has lost all the matches with Djokovic in combination with Novak improving his serve.

Still, unless Rogie starts botting like a maniac, he'll have his chances.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I didn't see Murray serve as big as he used to since he had a back surgery to be honest (people forget how he used to drop flat bombs on his 1st serve). Still one of the main favourites though considering Fed's old, Nadal's gone and Novak has shaky confidence.

Actually, the last time Fed won a slam he looked like crap against lower ranked players (Benneteau and Malisse) but turned it up a notch against "strong era" giants so you're mistaken. Not that I think he's gonna win the whole thing again, there's a slim chance if he serves out of his mind for the rest of the tourney but I wouldn't bet on that happening.

Karlovic is an anomaly, not a test. In this era you'll always eventually have to beat another in-form baseliner to win a slam, that's not Ivo.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I don't think Andy will win this year. I feel his serve is still too much of a liability, while his return game feels a bit patchy. He could do it - I would give him a 15% chance before seeing the draw.
I agree, as I said after Queen's but before the Wimbledon draw. If anything, concerns over the shoulder have just increased my doubts.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts