Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Dubai champ Federer - enough said.

^^ Computer number two vultured too many tournaments at the end of last year for Clayray to be seeded 2 for Wimbledon. No doubt fraud will be upset in an early round and ruin the draw.
lets see how fed got his points at the end of last year starting from wimby:
*got to wimby final and lost to djokovic in 5epic sets while murphy was trashed by diva.
*got to toronto final and lost to Tsonga, something that murphy has also achieved in this tournament
* won cincinnati while trashing murphy at the process
*semis in US, well i can give you that- he did basically vultured this result along with basel.
*won Shanghai with getting an impressive win over the world number 1
*got to final at the Year end tournament trashing murphy along the way in some fashion.
now lets see how murphy vultured points in last year in order to get a spanking in the year end tournament:
won shenzen, valencia and vienna open .

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
lets see how fed got his points at the end of last year starting from wimby:
*got to wimby final and lost to djokovic in 5epic sets while murphy was trashed by diva.
*got to toronto final and lost to Tsonga, something that murphy has also achieved in this tournament
* won cincinnati while trashing murphy at the process
*semis in US, well i can give you that- he did basically vultured this result along with basel.
*won Shanghai with getting an impressive win over the world number 1
*got to final at the Year end tournament trashing murphy along the way in some fashion.
now lets see how murphy vultured points in last year in order to get a spanking in the year end tournament:
won shenzen, valencia and vienna open .
Who cares about last year? Murray was recovering from back surgery ffs. Look at the race this year and Feds results and tell me with a serious face that he is a bigger threat than Murray at Wimbledon. Stop being such a tard.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
The defending champion will be the clear favorite, no matter what. Especially after he wins this title. Andy will be the obvious second favorite though.

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Stakhovsky :haha:
Tsonga
Robredo
Cilic
Gulbis :spit:
Seppi :haha:

Your idol should stick to the Mickey Mouse Tournaments (as long as he avoids titans like Kyrgios), absolutely no chance at slams. Fedtards are the most delusional of the fanbases.
Last time they met in London: 6-0, 6-1. Guess for who.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Brining up stats from 2014 is totally pointless because everyone can see Murray of 2015 is playing at a MUCH higher level than 2014.

Murray was barely a top 5 player last year, this year he's been the 2nd best player.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Last time they met in London: 6-0, 6-1. Guess for who.
Not exactly a match to judge how Andy would do against him now, is it? Andy had played 6 weeks in a row at that point, including reaching 4 finals (all of which were hard fought 3-setters). He was fatigued the entire tournament and was honestly lucky to get a win against Raonic. Currently, Andy would most likely defeat Roger pretty comfortably.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just theoretically, because he needs wins at RG, Queens and the 250 tournament before, but he'll be playing just at Queens and Federer also should win less than 140 points.

Here is the probable Wimb.'15 halfs:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=29463009&postcount=31
Not even theoretically. Wimbledon's formula takes the current ranking + 100% of Wimbledon'14, Hertogenbosch/Stuttgart'15,Queens/Halle'15 + 75% of your best grass result in the last year.
So Fed will add 175% * 1400 from Wimbledon'14, which Murray cannot match with his QF last year no matter what he does till Wimby'15

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Not even theoretically. Wimbledon's formula takes the current ranking + 100% of Wimbledon'14, Hertogenbosch/Stuttgart'15,Queens/Halle'15 + 75% of your best grass result in the last year.
So Fed will add 175% * 1400 from Wimbledon'14, which Murray cannot match with his QF last year no matter what he does till Wimby'15
I thought it was 75% of your best grass result from the previous year (i.e. 2013)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Dimitrov will repeat as Wimbledon champ this year

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
My calculation that I think is correct:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=29473337&postcount=34

Murray
7040(at RG SF) + 1280(additional points for RG win) + (2000x0.75+20+360)grass bonus + 250+500(two grass wins before Wimb.) = 10950

Federer
9165(after RG minus 250 points from Halle'14) + (250x0.75+250+1200)grass bonus = 10802

·
Registered
367 Posts
It is, 75% from 2 years ago and 100% from last year.
There's the formula. Maybe I misread but it is not particularly clear :)

Take ESP points at 16 June 2014

Add 100% points earned for all grass court tournament in past 12 months

Add 75% points earned for best grass court tournament in 12 months before that.

·
Registered
17,570 Posts
Currently, Andy would most likely defeat Roger pretty comfortably.
Maybe on HC in Bo5, on grass their matchup is about even.
That's why Fed could win WB 12, not just because that was basically played under the roof.
Then Murray could win OG.
So I wouldn't make such bold statements.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts