Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He hasn't had the most spectacular US hardcourt season so far but two quarter-finals isn't that bad. Losing to a peak Tsonga and JesusFed isn't bad at all. Many of you are probably thinking he's done (plenty of threads saying that anyway) but that's idiotic. He's not done and he won't be for a long time. He'll show us that he can get back up to the top at the US Open and onwards. Only quarter-final points to defend at the slam and then nothing for the rest of the year. Only large amount of points he has to defend next year is that semi-final at RG too. His road back to the top will begin at the US Open. I can feel it.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
He hasn't had the most spectacular US hardcourt season so far but two quarter-finals isn't that bad. Losing to a peak Tsonga and JesusFed isn't bad at all. Many of you are probably thinking he's done (plenty of threads saying that anyway) but that's idiotic. He's not done and he won't be for a long time. He'll show us that he can get back up to the top at the US Open and onwards. Only quarter-final points to defend at the slam and then nothing for the rest of the year. Only large amount of points he has to defend next year is that semi-final at RG too. His road back to the top will begin at the US Open. I can feel it.
Excuse me what?Peak Tsonga?Tsonga almost lost that match and only reason he won is Murray's choke.And JesusFed?LOL Federer was at best good.Not counting how he couldn't volley to save his life and had dips in form in the second set.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
What exactly returning to Top form means?? Is he getting another Youzny- Verdasco- JJ sleepwalk to Finals or wind will be there disturbing his main rivals? Besides infinite lucky draws with amount of luck involved I don't see guy going deep there even if he resurrects to so called "Murray 2.0"

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Federer was playing pretty poorly in that match, it was certainly very far from JesusFed.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Deja vu.
I don't think he will have a great UsOpen. QF at best depending on the draw.
He could come back strong for the end of the year, maybe like Fed in 2011.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
I've been hearing this all year. He is returning to top form etc.

We've been hearing this since January.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
LOL bro that was no peak Tsonga or Jesusfed :lol:

Murray should fix his WTA serve and his mentality other wise he will be knocked out again.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
What exactly returning to Top form means?? Is he getting another Youzny- Verdasco- JJ sleepwalk to Finals or wind will be there disturbing his main rivals? Besides infinite lucky draws with amount of luck involved I don't see guy going deep there even if he resurrects to so called "Murray 2.0"
this

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Would love another appearance of Slamray. The tour also lacks high quality depth. So either way Andy can still bring something to the table.

What makes you feel he'll be in top form for this year's US Open? Inside info? Or just a gut feeling based on recent observation?

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Yeah, I expect Andy and Stan to be at 3 and 4 respectively very shortly. Roger in 5th where he belongs.

C'mon Andy!!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
What i find most annoying and why today i've pretty much lost my shit, is when people write off players as finished. How many times has Murray been written off in his career? do people on here learn nothing. You can go back as far as you want, it happens all the time. Nadal has been written off so many times that if i had a dollar for every time it happened i could hire Toni as my own coach. Federer himself got written off last year, and more laughably, Djoker is now being written off a month after winning a slam. You can't make this shit up.

Will Murray win the USO? probably not. Will Murray beat a top ten player this year? odds are against it. Bottom line is, his poorest year on tour for what must be 7-8 years is still better than most other tennis players, and if he makes the WTF i will be laughing at the current state of tennis that allowed that to happen.

Will he ever regain his form and get back to the top of the game? who the fuck knows, but i'll still be supporting him regardless.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
I think Murray's game is suited for this era so unless his surgery has transformed him for the worse, it's probably a matter of time when he returns to peak form. So if not USO, maybe Wimby 15 or even AO 15?

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Best possible US Open result for Murray would be a humiliating first round defeat. Until he accepts that his game needs massive work and a proper coach he has no hope of winning anything big. He doesn't have time in his career for silly experiments, he needs a serious coach ASAP.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Mugray is finished as an elite player. He should consider those 2 fluke slams he won as a gift from Crocodilovic. Never have I seen a player with so little talent win so many titles.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
he'd be stupid to wait till USO 2015. He should hire a coach around Bercy time and will be perfect for AO, i'd say top 3 favorite.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts