Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murray: "When I stop thinking I have a chance to win GS, I'll stop playing tennis"

Photographers on Centre Court on Wednesday told the Guardian they heard Murray scream “Shut the fuck up!” in the direction of his box during the second set, at around 2.13pm.
Murray's camp played down reports his form may have been affected by something that happened just before the match, the Scot reportedly heard to shout "Five minutes before the fucking match!" towards his team.

It was not immediately clear if this was a reference to some disagreement he had with his new coach, Amélie Mauresmo, or his team – or something else entirely. “I’m not going to go into details of what my game plan and tactics are for any of the matches that I play,” he said.

“Whatever the tactics were, I didn’t execute them as well as I would have liked. Also, your opponent can do things in the match that you’re not expecting, or hit the ball in certain places which doesn’t allow you to do exactly what you want on the court. He did a good job of that."

"[...]The toughest loss of my career was losing in the final here in 2012 [to Federer]. But I need to go away and make a lot of improvements in my game. I’ve lost a couple of matches in the last few slams in straight sets and played poorly. I need to get myself in better shape and work even harder, because everyone’s starting to get better. The younger guys are now becoming more mature and improving all the time."

“I don’t feel like I have improved so much since Wimbledon last year. I think I’ve played some very good tennis but also some ordinary stuff at times.”

The 27-year-old insisted "the fire was still there" against Dimitrov, even if his game was not, and that he has his sights firmly set on winning more grand slam titles.

"When I stop thinking I have a chance of winning these tournaments, I'll stop playing tennis," he said.

"This is what I play for. I love these events. I've had a lot of hard losses in them in my career, but also with some big highs, as well."

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Re: Murray: "When I stop thinking I have a chance to win GS, I'll stop playing tennis

Fair enough.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Re: Murray: "When I stop thinking I have a chance to win GS, I'll stop playing tennis

What happened five minutes before???

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

When he stops thinking that he should solely play clay tournaments until he wins one, then retire.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

He doesn't enter into clay tournaments for 500 or 250 level, or I'm sure he'd win one quite easily. Two semi-finals demonstrates that. He is weakest on clay, but still in the top 10 on the planet.

Stop with your commercial mythical comments.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

He doesn't enter into clay tournaments for 500 or 250 level, or I'm sure he'd win one quite easily. Two semi-finals demonstrates that. He is weakest on clay, but still in the top 10 on the planet.

Where am I saying he wouldn't easily win one?

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

When he stops thinking that he should solely play clay tournaments until he wins one, then retire.
:lol:

agreed, then Clayray would finally be complete

·
Registered
122 Posts

Mugray pathetic as always :rolleyes: poor Kim :sad:

·
Banned
9,577 Posts

why isn't he retired now? :confused:

·
Registered
766 Posts

Pushray is done winning slams.

He lucked his way to two slams anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

If Kim laid something heavy on him 5 minutes before the match that'd be either one of the greatest troll jobs on a man ever or the work of a true bimbo. Probably the first thing...she couldn't be that stupid could she?

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

If Kim laid something heavy on him 5 minutes before the match that'd be either one of the greatest troll jobs on a man ever or the work of a true bimbo. Probably the first thing...she couldn't be that stupid could she?
She might have had a fling with Dimitrov and came clean. After all, he needs to search elsewhere for sex since Sharapova isn't giving him any :shrug:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

Won't be surprised if he'll retire soon if this statement is for real

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

Don't be silly. It is just an excuse to fool the British crowd who konws nothing about tennis and hide how bad he actually is and how fluky he was last year

1 - 20 of 36 Posts