Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANDY MURRAY wants rapid revenge on Rafael Nadal. The world No.1 thrashed the British No.1 in the French Open semis to set up today’s showdown with Novak Djokovic. But Murray, who moves back into the world top five, insists he wants a re-match with the clay court king at Wimbledon.

Last night the Scot said: “I’d like to play him on the grass for sure.“That would mean going deep into the tournament. Someone told me I would be seeded in the top four now so that would mean getting to the semi or the final.“It’s different on grass – it’s impossible for the ball to bounce that high. It is also easier to get free points on your serve and grass favours the man who hits a flatter ball. I’d like to play him soon.”

Murray will start practising immediately on grass for the Aegon Championship which he won last year on his way to Wimbledon glory.He added: “The better you do at the French Open, the harder Queen’s becomes. “You really only have a couple of days to get used to the grass again and get ready for it. But hopefully when Wimbledon comes around I will have had enough time on the grass.”
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-insists-hed-love-3661397

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Andy, you don't want to play Nadal, period. Maybe in Asia.

If Nadal reaches you, it means he's able to move well on grass again, and we all know how this match up goes on grass. Nadal's serve+FH is something Murray can't deal with

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Nadal just poked the sleeping dragon in the eye. He tried to backtrack by hitting on Murray with the 'beautiful' comment, but the damage is done.

Expect Grassray to sweep yet another lawn tennis season.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Cant wait to see him and Murphytards get humiliated AGAIN.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grassray would win at Wimbledon. He's right to want to meet him on that surface. :shrug:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts

If Nadal reaches you, it means he's able to move well on grass again, and we all know how this match up goes on grass. Nadal's serve+FH is something Murray can't deal with
Don't you remember Wimbledon 2011? Murray won 1st set 7-5 was leading 2-1* 30-15 missed easy shot and then completely went to downhill.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
This makes me lose all respect for this Murphy. How many free points can the Murphy serve command? Does he think he's raonic? Lmao

Nadal will wipe the floor with Murphy. On all surfaces. He's as delusional as his fans on here. What a joke this guy.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts

A Murray choke?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
This makes me lose all respect for this Murphy. How many free points can the Murphy serve command? Does he think he's raonic? Lmao

Nadal will wipe the floor with Murphy. On all surfaces. He's as delusional as his fans on here. What a joke this guy.
He returns like Raonic in that SF

·
Registered
899 Posts
Andy wants wimnledon match against nadal... to lose also on grass against him. Remember the 2011 semi final?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
:superlol: I was expecting similar kind of reaction from Murray. Clearly he felt humiliated as he couldn't get single breakpoint or couldn't save one.

If they meet at Wimbledon it will be in. second week and Nadal leads Murray 3-1 on his home turf.

I don't want they meet at Wimbledon also as things are getting clear Murray with his improved game and mentality (2.0 lol) can't handle Nadal forehand and his intensity. Murray 2.0 hype went to height as they didn't meet for 2.5 hrs and Murray was lucky avoiding Nadal even at Wimbledon.

Nadal is big match player he hardly donates matches especially at Sf and F in slams while Murray can play well for 1 or 1.5 Set and fades away. Though media created environment like Murray has developed but Rafa is the one who opened eyes of British fan girls and idiotic band wagoners, and I would like to say thanks to Rafa for bringing Murray fan girls on ground from imaginary planet

I'm looking ahead to their hard court slam meeting rather than Grass as Nadal is unlikely to cross 1st week but he does it then again Rafa will be one hoisting trophy or moving ahead without doubt as very few have game and mentality to eliminate Nadal in BO5 as one need to ultra consistent throughout the match if don't understand this Ask to Djokovic!

Nadal will win Their next hard court BO5 book this post Infokenway!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

Exactly my thoughts. He was returning like having stroke of paralysis in his back. And Nadal was serving 120-140 sliced serves to 2 hander. :facepalm:

I don't enjoy Nadals game but I'm pretty much aware of what it takes to oust Nadal in BO5, It's been 4 years Murray defeated him slams and that was straight fifth loss in major for Murray extending across Grass, hard, and clay.

It's total domination nadal surely respect Ferrer more than Murray IMO, though both are lapdogs.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
:superlol: I was expecting similar kind of reaction from Murray. Clearly he felt humiliated as he couldn't get single breakpoint or couldn't save one.

If they meet at Wimbledon it will be in. second week and Nadal leads Murray 3-1 on his home turf.

I don't want they meet at Wimbledon also as things are getting clear Murray with his improved game and mentality (2.0 lol) can't handle Nadal forehand and his intensity. Murray 2.0 hype went to height as they didn't meet for 2.5 hrs and Murray was lucky avoiding Nadal even at Wimbledon.

Nadal is big match player he hardly donates matches especially at Sf and F in slams while Murray can play well for 1 or 1.5 Set and fades away. Though media created environment like Murray has developed but Rafa is the one who opened eyes of British fan girls and idiotic band wagoners, and I would like to say thanks to Rafa for bringing Murray fan girls on ground from imaginary planet

I'm looking ahead to their hard court slam meeting rather than Grass as Nadal is unlikely to cross 1st week but he does it then again Rafa will be one hoisting trophy or moving ahead without doubt as very few have game and mentality to eliminate Nadal in BO5 as one need to ultra consistent throughout the match if don't understand this Ask to Djokovic!

Nadal will win Their next hard court BO5 book this post Infokenway!
InfoKenway books this post :wavey:

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Don't you remember Wimbledon 2011? Murray won 1st set 7-5 was leading 2-1* 30-15 missed easy shot and then completely went to downhill.
Wow he won 1 set against Nadal and was on serve in the second!!! What a juggernaut, can't believe he let that one slip... Nadal upped his game, and completely destroyed him afterwards. 1 set won in three meetings, and Nadal wasn't even playing that well in 2011.

Remember Haase en Petzschner? Yeah...they did better than Murray.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts