Votes: 51 28.7%
  • Roger Federer

Votes: 127 71.3%
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fed - hasn't played since AO semi - a poor slam by his standards.

Murray - has won two titles this year but has been far from consistent. Won two, gone out in the first round of two.

Could be one hell of a match and reading through the draw thread clearly a lot of you see Murray winning this, Fed isn't invincible anymore - game on as they say.

·
Banned
218 Posts
I hope Federer puts that little shit in his place. A schooling and smack down like Djokovic got in Australia last year is called for.

Reactions: Filipo

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
This match is going to be a toss up. Andy has been blowing hot and cold and Fed has had very little match practice.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Andy is in stronger form, but this is really Rogers tournament (last five years 4 wins, 1 runner-up). Is hard to see him lose so early.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Federer has been practicing 10 days or whatever, he'll be in fine shape and is without doubt favourite to win.

I'd love to see Muzza come through, but it'd be a bit of a surprise if he did, he's not quite there yet I don't think.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you even serious? Roger will cruise 62 62 :shrug: and im not a big roger fan
Yep - that the kind of comment that was said about their second round match in Cinncinati in 06. Murray won that in straight sets.

I think both will be really pumped for this one, Fed to prove their last match was a one off and Murray to prove it wasn't.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yep - that the kind of comment that was said about their second round match in Cinncinati in 06. Murray won that in straight sets.

I think both will be really pumped for this one, Fed to prove their last match was a one off and Murray to prove it wasn't.
To be honest, I thought it was a tank job. I'll go for Federer to win.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
In the first round of Dubai?

How do you get a top ten player?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Federer in straights, it's a non-question.

With Spongehead Squarekilt there's no "form" (either good or bad) to speak of, since there's no head to organize all the elements of "form". And without strong head (referring to both attitude and intelligence) you just can't beat up-to-the-task Federer, even if he's slightly out of tune (by his own standards).

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Mmmm, I am smelling a bagel here...

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
No. 1 vs. No. 12 in the first round. I love it :drool: I don't have any idea who will win this match because Federer's form is enigmatic. I expect an entertaining match :)

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
If you look at the draw most of the top players have tough first round matches. This is what you get when practically everyone shows up at a tournament. The money MUST be good.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
I'll say straights. I expect Roger to be in a foul mood.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Murray's also doing doubles with Wawrinka - perhaps a good idea to keep him busy if he does lose to Feb otherwise it would be a month with only two pro matches.

·
Your visions will happen
51,006 Posts
Federer in straights, it's a non-question.

With Spongehead Squarekilt there's no "form" (either good or bad) to speak of, since there's no head to organize all the elements of "form". And without strong head (referring to both attitude and intelligence) you just can't beat up-to-the-task Federer, even if he's slightly out of tune (by his own standards).
I seriously believe i lost brain cells as i read this

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Have there ever been a worse draw then this in the first round?

1 - 20 of 112 Posts