Mens Tennis Forums banner

davydenko or murray, who wins?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
18,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
donkey says murray must be gambling since he knows so much about it.
i hope murray rips donkey a new one.

·
Banned
18,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i think 2008 donkey will be a good donkey.
no fixing/tanking.

atp probably said: we know you are guilty donkey, but we'll let you off. we can't have a top 5 player being suspended right now..its bad for the sport.. instead we will suspend some italian schumcks.. but we are going to watch you closely and if you tank/fix another match, we'll have putin give you a special drink and/or supsend you for life

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Since the HSH is 2-2.

Davy winning the first 2 and then Murray winning the last 2, including last year here in the semis.

So I believe Murray in 2 sets.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
no fixing/tanking.

atp probably said: we know you are guilty donkey, but we'll let you off. we can't have a top 5 player being suspended right now..its bad for the sport.. instead we will suspend some italian schumcks.. but we are going to watch you closely and if you tank/fix another match, we'll have putin give you a special drink and/or supsend you for life
I agree that it's horrible that the ATP suspended those Italian players on some kind of very minor betting perpetrations - but know what? There has been an investigation on Kolya's case, and NOBODY could come up with any solid PROOF. Ever heard of "presumed innocent until proven guilty?" As Kolya isn't exactly a crowd-drawing, $$$$$$$-making ATP Golden Boy, I'm pretty sure that the ATP would indeed have busted him if they could have. Well - so far, they haven't.
Give Davydenko a break (I'm sure he'll have a very difficult match against Murray) and direct the complaints to the awful ATP PTB instead. They are the ones who are acting like idiots, not the players...

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
I have doubts that Murray can beat him. I watched Kolya's match today...he's looking pretty good. Should be interesting.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
no fixing/tanking.

great scenario :worship:

·
Banned
18,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree that it's horrible that the ATP suspended those Italian players on some kind of very minor betting perpetrations - but know what? There has been an investigation on Kolya's case, and NOBODY could come up with any solid PROOF. Ever heard of "presumed innocent until proven guilty?" As Kolya isn't exactly a crowd-drawing, $$$$$$$-making ATP Golden Boy, I'm pretty sure that the ATP would indeed have busted him if they could have. Well - so far, they haven't.
Give Davydenko a break (I'm sure he'll have a very difficult match against Murray) and direct the complaints to the awful ATP PTB instead. They are the ones who are acting like idiots, not the players...
davydenko is as innocent as OJ.
but both of them got away with it

·
Registered
596 Posts
Whats up with Davydenko bashing? He,s a good player, otherwise he wouldn't be in the top five. I think he can push or even possibly beat Murray, seeing as, as far as I can remember, this is the first top five player Murray has played this year. Daydenko has good, clean strokes on both sides, can volley, has a passable serve, possesses an excellent return, especially off second serves, and is an excellent mover with very good footwork. I think he is underrated far too much.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
davydenko is as innocent as OJ.
but both of them got away with it
Mentioning Davydenko in one sentence with OJ... okay. :rolleyes:

It's too silly to even go there, but might I just remember you that OJ got dismissed from sentencing because the procecution had made the idiotic mistake to actually meddle with the evidence (in any a civilized country the END of a procecution case, and rightly so)?
In Kolya's case, there IS NO EVIDENCE. Quite a difference I daresay.

As for the match: I'm pretty sure Muzza will win this one, but it won't be easy.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Lets hope the fixer has put money on Murray cos that'll be the only joy he will get out of this match.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Davydenko in three, but I'm really uncertain on this this. It could go either way, but its going to be one hell of a match. I predict numerous breaks of serve, and I wish I could watch it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Maybe someone will post highlights or something on youtube? (hint, hint)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts