Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
29,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be quite a tough one to call this- Murray with the ROS and the intangibles but Roddick with not only a serve, but a FH that could do some damage back then. How would this one go on a hard court?

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Roddick in 4. Murray can't rely on his wind machine here.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Roddick pretty easily. He was on fire back then and had tons of confidence before Federer started to erode it.

·
29,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Certainly think it'd go 5, Murray's similarities to Hewitt make 'power Roddick' a nice match-up though, compared to 'grinder Roddick'.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Murray's USO 2012 performance wasn't all that great really, it was very up and down, he seemed to just ghost his way to the final. It all depends which Murray Roddick would face. If it was vs Lopez Murray, i'd give it to Roddick easily. If it was against Raonic Murray, it would be much closer and i'd give that to Murray. His ROS performance in that match was top class, so was his serving.

·
29,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Murray's USO 2012 performance wasn't all that great really, it was very up and down, he seemed to just ghost his way to the final. It all depends which Murray Roddick would face. If it was vs Lopez Murray, i'd give it to Roddick easily. If it was against Raonic Murray, it would be much closer and i'd give that to Murray. His ROS performance in that match was top class, so was his serving.
Lopez tbf was unbelievable in that match, one of the 2 best matches he's ever played for me (the other was a losing effort to Federer at the USO also, in 2007) basically Murray survived him by botting out of his skin in the breakers.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
It wouldn't take long for Roddick would turn into an UE machine with Murray defending skills plus his biggest weapon would be negated by Muzza's incredible returning abilty so this one's pretty easy.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Glad someone else mentioned Murray's returning against Raonic. Playing like that I'd give him the edge, though it'd definitely go the distance.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Murray at the US Open-12 was very far from his best tennis despite he won his first slam. I think Roddick would win in.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Frauddick was a decent player up to 04. He takes this one, though Murray 08 would beat him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts