1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21,640 Posts
Ljubicic, Blake, Safin, Hewitt

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Andy Roddick comes to mind. Though he never cared much for it anyways (and does actually have some titles on it).

·
Registered
903 Posts
Murray is certainly better on clay than the OP.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Clay isn't Murray advantage, but there were a lot of TOP4 players who played worse than Andy on this surface. Even Sampras has only one semifinal at RG, Andy has two. Also Andy has better winning percentage on clay. Let alone Ljubicic, Hewitt, Henman, Roddick and many others.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
WTF, don't you even remember Roddick? Best RG result 4th round, he even lost to Cippola, it was that bad. Many players were also worse, but Roddick is an obvious one.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Clay isn't Murray advantage, but there were a lot of TOP4 players who played worse than Andy on this surface. Even Sampras has only one semifinal at RG, Andy has two. Also Andy has better winning percentage on clay. Let alone Ljubicic, Hewitt, Henman, Roddick and many others.
Sampras did win Rome in 1994 though, even if he did only face fellow clay great Boris Becker in the final.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Hey Murrays new clay title is about 99% Bjorkman. He clearly gave Murray some new moves and secret clay tactics so he could finally get one.
Yes, I'm happy he is working with Jonas, who definitely knows the game, and I agree I thought I saw a few signs of his influence. He wasn't that great on clay himself though as I recall.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Yes, I'm happy he is working with Jonas, who definitely knows the game, and I agree I thought I saw a few signs of his influence. He wasn't that great on clay himself though as I recall.
yeah I was part joking ofc. Still it's great to get a good start in the first tournament together. Murray was in need of a better coach. He could even do some damage in RG. Tennis is a lot about confidence and Murray with a clay title is a different animal than the Murray everyone mocked for lacking a final on clay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tim Henman was dire on clay courts, one French Open Semi-Final apart, I still have no idea how he managed to get so deep into Roland Garros that year.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Just like Lendl? :lol:

You guys can automatically start seeing influence on player, if someone falsely tell you, he has coached by past renowned player. Same process happened with Lendl too. Not many could actually see day and night improvements in his game under Evan but British media lifted it, hyped out of proportion based on his major wins which was arguably result of temporary influencing factors like Wimbledon draw, Delpo tiring his opponents before Final and heavy winds in USO final etc benefitting him rather than supposed improvements.

Year or two years ago, we used to hear a lot Murray 2.0 version. People used to worship him like next all time great. 2014 season and routine beatdowns he's receiving from Djokovic and Federer with tasty bagels, has been made clear, it never existed on Tennis court but only on media platforms. Now nobody talks about that now. I think same will happen to Bjorkman. media just need a single lucky win to kick start hype about Murray 3.0 version which will inevitably go on path (of failure and disappointment) just like 2.0 did.

·
Registered
99 Posts
When I think back I can't remember who was worse on clay then him ranked inside the top 4. Was there anyone worse in the history of tennis?

Discuss.
Stupid thread.

Should be changed to: has there ever been a poster as thick as OP to ever start a thread?

Why? Of course there have been worse players in top 4.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts