Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe even later. Is this some kinda record?

Do you know a masters match which started later than 1 am? I don't think so.

Whole week of rain in Munich, playing 4 matches in 2 days, stil winning the whole thing. And there is this.

Poor Andy so unlucky. Keep fighting :yeah:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well to be fair there's a dead Granollers in the next round

·
Administrator
9,551 Posts
And Granollers already sleeping. Disgusting shit :facepalm:

·
Registered
8,389 Posts

Whole week of rain in Munich, playing 4 matches in 2 days, stil winning the whole thing. And there is this.

Nadal-Cuevas started at 2 am local time.

·
Premium Member
20,683 Posts

·
Registered
11,142 Posts

Poor Andy? Kohli loses 3 straight matches to Murray and on top of the heavily delayed final he also lost, he also had to play another round. Poor Kohlschreiber out of all this.

·
Registered
564 Posts
We will see what happens, officials should have moved the match to another court (there were some courts available) tbh, now either they start very late ot start tomorrow :scratch:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

Djokovic - Querrey IW'13 R16 started after midnight, ending past 1 AM.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Two years running Murray's had a tough opener and a late start this tournament. The Spaniards know Clayray v9.8 is a huge threat to Nadal obviously.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two years running Murray's had a tough opener and a late start this tournament. The Spaniards know Clayray v9.8 is a huge threat to Nadal obviously.
Too many matches on center court, they shouldn't have expected all single ones to finish in 1 hour lol. Not on purpose but really idiotic.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Kuznetsova and Stosur just refusing to end the match, Stoser on BP now and chance for a tie-break... In the third set...

·
Registered
16 Posts
My sister lived in Madrid for years, culturally 1am is like mid evening there. 1am is when you start thinking about where you're going to go for a night out. She used to get abuse from her Spanish friends for going home 'early' on a school night (she's a teacher) at 3am.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
My sister lived in Madrid for years, culturally 1am is like mid evening there. 1am is when you start thinking about where you're going to go for a night out. She used to get abuse from her Spanish friends for going home 'early' on a school night (she's a teacher) at 3am.
The Spanish are crazy, no wonder they have a culture like that.
No offense here, but that's certainly true.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
This WTA match :haha:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Some years ago, I remember Hewitt vs Baghdatis at the AO finished very very late (something like 4 am. but don't remember the start of the match)

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Weird. I was in Madrid 2,5 years ago for a few days, and at 11 pm, almost all streets were empty.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts