Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just cant see it.
Watching Murray this year feels eerie similar but on a higher scale to berdychs predicament of losing to the first decent player.

What use is it fighting hard to keep things close only to lose meekly eventually, we've seen it too many times this year.

Just watched the replay of the Friday match this morning i have to say Murray really is a mental midget.
Sometimes its great to see matches without the emotion of watching live, u get have better judgement and perspective how things really went. That perspective is Murray is really a pussy cat.
Federer served amazing but the rest of his game was not good as it initially seemed, i mean those Roddicklike headless chicken approaches on big points were shocking to witness.

What was hugely apparent was much as the rest of the game has improved including at times the second serve, the forehand regressed since the Lendl days. Can anyone see things improving not me. It felt optimistic until seeing the final
Anyway im done with tennis for for a while. Take care Sapoed, tiebreak and all Murray fans

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Best grass court player today, and Djokovic has 3 times more grass slams. It's the second biggest waste of tennis talent in history after Safin

·
The special one
14,807 Posts
It can be bloody depressing being a Murray fan sometimes and yes he is a mental midget when it comes to the big matches and has underachieved 2 slam wins out of 17 semis just proves that

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
It can be bloody depressing being a Murray fan sometimes and yes he is a mental midget when it comes to the big matches and has underachieved 2 slam wins out of 17 semis just proves that
Well look at it this way, nobody can accuse us of glory-hunting. I've supported him for 10 years, and besides a brief respite it's been 10 years of pain.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well Mauresmo is out of the picture now for at least 6 months, so we'll see what Bjorkman can do as his main coach now for the rest of the year. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

He could have improved his 2nd serve a number of years ago, but now I think it's too late to make a huge difference to it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yup. Murray was so mentally weak against Federror on Friday. I think that I lot of you have given far too much credit to Fed on that day. Murray reverted back to his pushing style of play on the big points and ultimately his weak FH and 2nd serve let him down. Murray had a period where he peaked 2012 - 2013. 2014 was a horrible horrible year for Murray. I don't really know how he can win another big slam match without being aggressive which won him two slams.
You cant win a lot of slams being a counter puncher.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
murrays lost his forehand from 2013. he never had a 2nd serve, so thats no surprise.

look at djoker today. has a proper forehand, hitting the lines on key points.
helps nole's 2nd serve is GOAT standard

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Doesn't bother me, he already won Wimbledon and routined Novak in the final.

I hope he can add 1 Australian though.

·
The special one
14,807 Posts
Well look at it this way, nobody can accuse us of glory-hunting. I've supported him for 10 years, and besides a brief respite it's been 10 years of pain.
It's the fact that he never loses early and gives us false hope for nearly 2 weeks only to ultimately lose in the semis or finals which makes it worse, at least Rafatards can enjoy most of the tournament after he loses in the 1st or 2nd round and are not given false hope, they don't know how lucky they are

·
Registered
360 Posts
Remember when Murray had a better serve than Novak. Novak was smart and worked incredibly hard on his serve to make it as solid as possible. Murray's serve has ultimately stayed the same. That's where has he made the error.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
There is a reason why the saying goes "never change a winning team". The reason is stability or rhythm.

Some get arrogant when they have their first taste of success - they get delusions of grandeur and start believing they can just willy nilly shake up, swap personnel - hire people for random reasons (not related to tennis in this case) and still keep the winning going.

·
Registered
252 Posts
There is a reason why the saying goes "never change a winning team". The reason is stability or rhythm.

Some get arrogant when they have their first taste of success - they get delusions of grandeur and start believing they can just willy nilly shake up, swap personnel - hire people for random reasons (not related to tennis in this case) and still keep the winning going.
Lendl didn't want to be away from his family for the majority of the year. Murray wanted more weeks, he wanted less. So he didn't just decide to shake it up.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The most frustrating thing is Murrays weaknesses are so easily fixable he can hit a big 2nd serve and he can hit the forehand aggressively he just refuses to do it, he just seems happy consistently getting deep in tournaments.

Murray could easily win more slams if he chooses to improve the 2nd serve which isn't exactly difficult to do his first serve is actually good.

·
Registered
428 Posts
He should retire if he is not willing to work on his game. He must love being humiliated in finals. I am sick to death defending all the time. Well done Andy for proving all haters and doubters right. :eek:

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
He's winning in the feminism department, don't know if that's a big deal or not.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
If anything, Murray is improving a lot on clay under Amelie. His Madrid run was pretty impressive imo

1 - 20 of 35 Posts