Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sick of seeing people say " The Big 3".

The man gets an injury while on top of the world and has now become an after thought??

He was playing his best Tennis before his injury and was goating week in week out...

Don;t get me wrong, he will go down as the weakest out of the 4 of them and fair enough.

BUT it most certainly is a BIG 4 and it is highly disrespectful to say "Big 3".]

Real Tennis fans should be aware of what he was doing before injury. The other 2 where nowhere to be seen before he got injured. Explain that one...

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
I am sick of seeing people say " The Big 3".

The man gets an injury while on top of the world and has now become an after thought??

He was playing his best Tennis before his injury
Was he? Like at AO '17, IW '17 (losing to Pospisil of all people), MC '17, Madrid '17 (losing to Coric of all people), Rome '17, RG '17, Queen's '17 (losing to a LL) and then the injury came.

and was goating week in week out...
You obviously thought of 2nd half of 2016, apart from Cincinnatti and the Johnson match in Rio, he played really well. Though not miles better than in 2013 before the back injury struck him.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
But there is a big 3, Fedalovic are rightly called Big 3 due to their slam wins. Big 4 is an entirely different term which described 4 players who stayed in the top 4 for years, and were always making the last 4 and finals of the big events.

Some people on here don't understand the difference of course but who cares.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Murray was an elite player for his time, the other were elite players in the course of tennis history.

One of the biggest things to point to for me with Murray was all his AO finals against Djokovic. You almost knew he had no chance to win. In any non-clay battle between the Big 3, you could expect a GS match to be a battle that any player could take. However, with Murray you knew he just wouldn't be able to do so.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Murray, until the hip injury, was in a different league from everyone on the tour bar Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. Those three were, and still are, in their own league.

Murray is 10 majors and 13 M1000s behind Djokovic and Federer, respectively. Sorry, but that is a fact that he is not in their league.

And Wawrinka and DelPo have no business being mentioned with any of the other four. Stan's three GS are impressive, but only two M1000 titles between themselves...yeah sorry.

·
Administrator
6,072 Posts
Seems like a trolling effort.

There's a Big 4, and there's a Big 3. Even in the heyday of the big four when they were making most semifinals at most tournaments and held those spots in the rankings, it always made sense to also consider the grouping of the Big 3 (at least since 2011, really just Fedal before then) separately in addition to the grouping of the Big 4.

The topic has been discussed to death as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.