Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murray:"I'll definitely do a marathon at some stage, but not while I'm still playing"

Andy Murray has called it an "amazing effort" for Caroline Wozniacki to run a marathon while still playing, and says he'd like to run one once he retires.

"I'll definitely do a marathon at some stage, but not while I'm still playing," he said at Cincinnati. "That's an amazing effort she's doing that while playing, because it takes a lot of training, a lot of hard work."

Wozniacki has announced that she has entered herself in the New York City Marathon in November. "I'm working out a lot and I'm running long runs as well," she said.

Murray said he expected the 23-year-old to have a good performance.

"I'm assuming she will want to get a good time as well," he said. "She's pretty competitive. She'll have to train hard."

Murray's coach, Amelie Mauresmo, also ran the New York City Marathon as a retired player.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Re: Murray:"I'll definitely do a marathon at some stage, but not while I'm still play

Wozniacki running the marathon will only add fuel to the "women should play best of 5" fire.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Re: Murray:"I'll definitely do a marathon at some stage, but not while I'm still play

Marathonray 2.0 to dominate Tokyo 2020 :worship:

·
Registered
4 Posts

A marathon is a hugely empowering experience and if you've never run a marathon you can't really comprehend the accomplishment. I applaud Wozniacki for doing this and respect her effort!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts