Registered
21,283 Posts
Re: Murray: 'If I play my best tennis, I'm going to win Wimbledon'

And people like to criticize Federer for having this attitude :lol:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Other players say the thing. Good to be confident.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

And people like to criticize Federer for having this attitude :lol:
I don't think it is bad. Novak has said many times if he is at the top of his game he knows he can beat anyone anywhere. Nothing wrong with that, he did it in 2011. Same with Roger. At his best he believes he can beat anyone and he is right. Andy didn't say he will win, he said he will be in a good position to win. Better than Ferrer's "I can't win no?" attitude.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

well Murray knows he can rest easy knowing that Nadal is on the other side of the draw and may not make the final

·
Registered
21,283 Posts

I don't think it is bad. Novak has said many times if he is at the top of his game he knows he can beat anyone anywhere. Nothing wrong with that, he did it in 2011. Same with Roger. At his best he believes he can beat anyone and he is right. Andy didn't say he will win, he said he will be in a good position to win. Better than Ferrer's "I can't win no?" attitude.
I agree, it's not a bad attitude, I like it in fact, it's nice to see player be confident about their abilities, just find it funny that people were criticizing Roger for having this attitude, believing he can win if he plays his best, yesterday.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

I agree, it's not a bad attitude, I like it in fact, it's nice to see player be confident about their abilities, just find it funny that people were criticizing Roger for having this attitude, believing he can win if he plays his best, yesterday.
People become dogs and cats when Roger/Rafa say something. Cant help. Good luck Andy.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

Well Andy is overconfident IMHO, he still doesn't have single Top 10 win since Wimbledon 13, he now has lost 13 consecutive tournaments, he got humiliated by Nadal at RG this year, he also lost to Olderer in AO.

Conditions are too hard this time than last year but he's completely healthy this time, he may be deriving confidence from his physical conditions I guess.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts

Conditions are too hard this time than last year but he's completely healthy this time, he may be deriving confidence from his physical conditions I guess.
or from awarded SF invitation card against tired Djoko again, as the worst scenario.

Spain against G.B. finals, regretably for the most Brits not in Rio but SW16.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Murray would destroy cheatdull on grass, even with the huge H2H advantage, cheatdull is 5 class lesser player on grass atm.

Remember, Andy won a set on clay vs cheatdul with 6-0 1 month ago, so yea.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts

Anderson or Fognini in R4 :bigwave:
Too bad they never made it that far at SW16 and only twice (if combined) to the R3.

But I wouldn't be suprised to see OBE winning in five against some first week journeyman and winning SF and F without losing a set.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

Getting the "I didn't play my best" excuse in already. Disgusting.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Tip for the OP.

Quotation marks imply a direct quote from the person. If you must paraphrase, make it clear that it's your summary and don't use quotes.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

Those posts/comments about top players interviews are as boring as the interviews themselves. :toothy:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts

There is a big "if" in it.
We just don't know yet, whether he will be able to play his best tennis, or all efforts to do so will fail... too few grass matches to play himself into form, if the going gets tough.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts

There is a big "if" in it.
We just don't know yet, whether he will be able to play his best tennis, or all efforts to do so will fail... too few grass matches to play himself into form, if the going gets tough.
He'll probably have to play his best tennis at F only, because there is a great chance of not having to play against Djokovic in SF or playing against very tired Djoko again.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts