Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always had my hopes up, even if Nadal lost to Djokovic at the FO, I had a feeling he would bounce back somehow, but after yesterdays performance I can officially announce that Nadal is done. You are never allowed to cross a certain line, like for example never go full retard, in Nadal's case it would be losing to Murray in straight sets on clay.

It would be rather unfair to solely base this on result. How about we look at the performance?
Once Nadal starts to serve and volley on clay you know there is little left of him. The forehand errors are shocking, Nadal is taking moonballing too literal nowadays. I'm pretty sure one of the balls flew out of the stadium.

There is one positive Nadal can feed on, no matter the condition he would probably still defeat Federer.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I always had my hopes up, even if Nadal lost to Djokovic at the FO, I had a feeling he would bounce back somehow, but after yesterdays performance I can officially announce that Nadal is done. You are never allowed to cross a certain line, like for example never go full retard, in Nadal's case it would be losing to Murray in straight sets on clay.

It would be rather unfair to solely base this on result. How about we look at the performance?
Once Nadal starts to serve and volley on clay you know there is little left of him. The forehand errors are shocking, Nadal is taking moonballing too literal nowadays. I'm pretty sure one of the balls flew out of the stadium.

There is one positive Nadal can feed on, no matter the condition he would probably still defeat Federer.
:worship: Welcome back Yoda!

Yes, Nadal has been done for a while now, even if he gets back to great form.. Djokovic 3.0 is just not a CHOKE kinda guy anymore..

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Well this version of Murray is undefeated on clay so is it really that bad? Nadal will start climbing again post Wimbledon and will likely always be deep in tournaments/slams. He'll struggle against the top players though. I wouldn't say he's done just yet.

Also congratulations on a thread that is likely to stay! :yeah:

·
Registered
36,855 Posts

i bet you would have said the same about rafa and murray a few weeks ago and look what happened?:wavey: dont be so sure of ANYTHING

·
Registered
5,060 Posts

Yes, Rafa has had a tough time lately, but I wouldn't count him out yet. Time will tell!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts

There is the second also:

He can play at 49 % and still make the masters finals, with Nikely (I mean nicely) arranged draws.

So, it brings about the third too.

He can likewise make RG final playing at 75 % and there is good chance that one of Djokovic, Murray, Nishikori from the other Nikely arranged half will be spent force for the finals, taking Rafito only 90 % to nail it comfortably in four.

Suddenly there is the fourth too.

A lot of positives and energy left for Wimbledon three full weeks away and with Nikely arranged draw for Fedal again as the last year (no Kyrgios or Chung for Nadal this time), SF against Federer is nailable too, getting Rafito back to top 5 and no 3. in the race.

But "los problemas" with the back, knee and the wrist in the final against Murray, all starting squeaking unanimously mid second set after losing the close first.

Bring on 2016.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
People actually think Nadal has chances at Wimbledon? Thats the one place where he has NO chance.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nadal will always have place in Japan's adult industry with his pre-serve antics. No worries about income, ever.

·
Registered
10,871 Posts

Welcome back Yoda :wavey:

Yesterday after Andy demolished Nadal, I had a similar feeling. Maybe because the outcome was so unexpected but ....

In any event, as far as predictions are in question, I'm sticking with Kafelnikov. Minutes after the end of 2014 RG final, Yevgeny wrote on twitter that Nadal just won his last RG title .

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Yoda is back with his threads. :facepalm:
Nadal is a whole different beast in RG's BO5. Several reasons he might win it all if Djokovic or Murray get knocked out. Despite mental block, these guys are the only ones who have a chance of beating him in BO5.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Last nail in the coffin will be hit if grandpa Federer defeats Nadal at RG. Spaniard then can retire in peace.

And we know that won't happen.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good rep for having a proper avatar for a change.

:worship: Welcome back Yoda!

Yes, Nadal has been done for a while now, even if he gets back to great form.. Djokovic 3.0 is just not a CHOKE kinda guy anymore..
Watching Nadal is like riding a rollercoaster.

I'm not sure about Djokovic not choking anymore. In my opinion Djokovic is a superior clay courter, but lacks mental strength of a Goat. How many times has Djokovic failed now to overtake Federer in H2H? Don't get me started on FO, yes there has been some external factors which decided the match, but there is no excuse getting caught at the net.

I believe Djokovic has the most complete game of all time, but lacks mental strenth to overcome big obstacles.

i bet you would have said the same about rafa and murray a few weeks ago and look what happened?:wavey: dont be so sure of ANYTHING
We often joke about Federer, dont take it too serious as he beat Rafa more than once on clay. Murray on the other hand is a total disaster. If some of you truly believe the tour plays at 150% against your favorites, then be prepared for 1000% after this Madrid final. It's only natural when ATP smells blood to recieve a boost.

A sensible thread by Yoda's standards :yeah:
I had to pick between this thread and Clayray 3.0 vs peak Nadal 2011.

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
Nadal still doesn't have Top5 win since RG. Outside of clay, his best accomplishment in this period is Simon (ranked 14 at the time).

Even BO5 on the large Philippe Chatrier can't help Nadal anymore, because his fitness is not there. He can't run around for hours anymore, since the Energizer batteries he swallowed in 2005 are almost empty.

Many times we thought that he is coming back, but string of loses against Berdych (AO), Fog (Rio and Barca), Milos (IW), Verdasco (Miami), are foretelling a lot.
If Rafa only lost to No1e and Andy, that would be quite ok, But to lose to players that never ever beat him or only defeated him once some 10 years ago is so unlike the old Rafa.

·
Registered
29,207 Posts
Cease with the jinx threads. He hasn't lost RG yet.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts

One can hope you can follow your own advice ...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts