Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching and I’m not seeing any unbeatable or unplayable guys at the top of the game right now, not by a long shot.

I don’t see any limits to what he can achieve next year. This is an exciting opportunity to continue what is already, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest sporting comebacks in history.

Let’s go!

·
justice for all
16,242 Posts
Except one thing: his hip falling apart. Let's hope it holds up.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nadal? Nothing to be afraid of there.
Federer? Inconsistent and old. Nothing to fear
Medvedev? Murray eats a guy like that for breakfast. Nothing to fear.
Djokovic? Definitely nothing to be afraid of there ?
Who else is there?

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
No limits? As good as Sir Andy is I don't think he can win more than 4 slams.

Reactions: paca

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
Murray has had a hip resurfacing procedure done, or am I wrong?

I mean... instead of predicting a multi slam year, OP should simply be thankful that Andy is back on tour and competing.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Murray has had a hip resurfacing procedure done, or am I wrong?

I mean... instead of predicting a multi slam year, OP should simply be thankful that Andy is back on tour and competing.
Where have I predicted a multi slam year? Im making no predictions in regards to The Comeback King.
I’m very grateful he is back.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
No limits? As good as Sir Andy is I don't think he can win more than 4 slams.
He can win the Olympic Slam (which is worth 16 slams), leaving the GOAT pretenders Fedalovic in the dust.

Seriously though, this is how to do a troll thread. Though it seems outrageous, no one is playing great tennis ATM. The 2016 #1Ray would smash this field IMO.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like murray but Murray's game has not evolved a single bit since his injury. All of the big 3 have evolved since 2016. I think he is in for a surprise next time he plays one of them.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
The 2016 #1Ray would smash this field IMO.
#1Ray got #1 when Fedal were injured and Djokovic joined Amor y Paz cult. How would he crush the field with all Big3 playing well at slams?

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like murray but Murray's game has not evolved a single bit since his injury. All of the big 3 have evolved since 2016. I think he is in for a surprise next time he plays one of them.
How is his game supposed to evolve by sitting on the sidelines?
He was no.1 pre-injury in a far stronger era...his game doesn’t need to evolve anyway.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The most interesting question is if Sir Andy Barron Murray will collect another 6th silver platter in AO?

Btw, congrats to him on birth of his son.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Murray was never as good as the Big 3 when it comes to purely playing tennis, but he is a fighter with the balls of steel and sneaky tactics, which is why he managed to win the greatest event in tennis twice and to become the Olympic King. This is why he is successfully coming back from the surgery and why he will become dangerous in 2020.

Each next OG is progressively more difficult to win which makes it progressively more valuable (it's not just simple 1+1+1, it's much more). Right now, Andy is not in the GOAT conversation, but if he wins the 3rd OG, than it's game over - Murray is the GOAT.

This is why Andy shouldn't waste too much energy on slams and give it all at the Olympics - slam race is something which he cannot win anyway.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Why I always have to laugh when his tards post something about Murray? He is a very good player and achieved a lot but there is no Big 4 or whatever. There is just Big 3 and nobody should mention Murray when we are talking about the Big 3.

And no, Murray won't win a Grand Slam next year. I even doubt he will win a Masters tournament. But good luck to him.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have been watching and I’m not seeing any unbeatable or unplayable guys at the top of the game right now, not by a long shot.

I don’t see any limits to what he can achieve next year. This is an exciting opportunity to continue what is already, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest sporting comebacks in history.

Let’s go!
Jesus. Never go full tard. Niki Lauda, Ben Hogan, Tiger Woods and several others would like a word with you. Murray has won...wait for it...an ATP 250 tournament. Bob Bryan has a better comeback story than Murray.

Murray is unlikely to ever win anything higher than an ATP 500 again. The Big 3 are too good for him and NextGen don't actually look useless.

·
9,590 Posts
There is a fear....

The hip...

If ok he will do very good but its an IF. So its a fear

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I dont wanna write anything bad because i like Andy. And hes been tru alot last 2 years.
Hope he can still compete at a good level. As long as he doesnt put his health ahead of results.

Saying that can he beat the Big 3? Depends on what time of the year and how they are.
He could of beat Nole with bad elbo and maybe Rafa this week. Federer? I dont know.

Next gen? Thiem? Not this week. Tsitsipas? Nop. Sasha»? Maybe. Medvedev? This week maybe.
Maybe Matteo.

Lets wait and see. But i dont think he can reach Top10 next year.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts