Registered
3,457 Posts
Re: Murray has 5-1 against Djokovic at the USO series

So:

North America: Murray
Australasia: Djokovic
Europe: Djokovic
Asia: tie

Who gets the nod in South America, Africa and Antarctica?

·
|
15,353 Posts
Re: Murray has 5-1 against Djokovic at the USO series (The only Novak's win was vs. 2

And Nadal is 2-1 vs Djokovic in US Open Finals.
Its his favorite surface but Djokovic is not in the hardcourt class of Agassi/Connors/Sampras/Federer.

·
Super Moderator
9,406 Posts
It's all Djokerer's and chico's fault. Truth had been spoken a few hours ago thanks them.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Djokovic isn't exactly the freshest during this time of the year. We saw that today and Murray took full advantage.

With that said,

19>9 H2H
9>2 slams
160>0 weeks at no. 1
25>10 masters
4>0 WTF

Murray fans are just excited cos he finally beat Nole again. I'm happy for him but let's not act as if it stops Novak owning him. Definitely gives him a better chance against him at Cincy or U.S. open though, he does well against Nole on these courts.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
It's because he always dominates Murray for 3/4s of the year then throws him scrapes/bones to a fault. Look at USO final 2012 if you don't believe me.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
It's because he always dominates Murray for 3/4s of the year then throws him scrapes/bones to a fault. Look at USO final 2012 if you don't believe me.
This actually isn't true at all, for any year. Their h2h for the pre-US Open series was 2-2 in 2012. The only year since 2007 that Djokovic dominated Murray was 2014.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It's an interesting stat but pretty irrelevant at the end it's still 9>2, just as Nadal fans can glorify 23-10 at the end it's still 14 <17:shrug:.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Wow. Murray really loves these courts. I had to go check to make sure that stat was correct and kudos to Murray for having the edge here. However, the last time Murray beat Djokovic in the US Open Series before the US Open, which was 2011, Djokovic won the US Open...I hope the omen continues. LOL. :cheerleader:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Wind, heat and humidity. Huge reasons why Novak doesn't do that great during this stretch. It didn't help that he entered the tournament in tank mode with an injury, either.

Novak doesn't mind heat, (Aussie 5x) it's the humidity and wind that has plagued him at times. Let's just give Murray credit today. He really played great and deserved it. In my opinion, Novak needed this loss because the month off has made him a little soft, and if he had won this tournament playing shitty tennis, then he would have a sense of false illusion going into the big one. I hope the arm is okay and if not, he should say fuck Cincy and sit it out. Let it rest, then train his ass off for the US Open.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Of course :lol: Miami is cold and dry

I said at times it has in the past. Miami is hot and humid. Trust me I know. But he plays there in the Spring of March before the humidity is off the charts like it is right now. It can still be pretty bad on some days in early Spring but not consistently.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
He plays the important AO matches at night.

It's the sun + heat combo. The sun (when it's hot) drains him fast. When there's cloud cover it's less of a problem.

Novak has gotten a lot better with handling those kinds of conditions. Remember earlier in his career he would be spent and have nothing left. Last year at the US Open SF, he played on a really hot and unusually humid day for NYC, but it had more to do with just being off his game that whole summer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Means absolutely nothing.

When it is time to play the biggest tournament, murray is back to being Novaks pigeon.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts