Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy Murray has been forced to withdraw from the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals after admitting defeat in his battle with a groin injury, disappointing the Live tennis fans. The Scot initially picked up the injury during practice before this week’s tournament started, although it was clearly bothering him during his opening match defeat to David Ferrer on Monday.

The world-number three was way off his best against the experienced Ferrer, going down 6-4 7-5 in their opening Group A clash. Murray was forced to undergo on-court treatment during the tie, and the decision has now been taken for the Scot to call time on his season, with one eye very much on 2012. This will have an effect on the Tennis betting offers.

Murray admitted his frustrations at having to pull out of the highly-thought of tournament, revealing he had known he was in no real state to perform at his best this week.

“I just didn't have enough time to recover.”

“I was just disappointed because I knew in my head I wasn't ready to play and wasn't right to play.”

“I never want to pull out of tournaments, especially one of this size. But it's a decision I kind of had to make because I was probably going to do myself more damage.”

The Scot will now be looking to get himself back 100% fit before the Australian Open gets under way in January. Replacing Murray in Group A though, will be Janko Tipsarevic – the Serb being thrown in at the deep-end, facing Tomas Berdych on Wednesday before taking on compatriot and world number one, Novak Djokovic, at the weekend.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts