Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr Murray wins a 5 set thriller in r1...beating Pavel

6-3 3-6 3-6 6-1 6-4 :woohoo: :banana: :yippee:

WOW WOW WOW!!! This match had everything (including sickness ;) :lol: )

WELL DONE ANDY!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Great fight by the youngster. He really needs to work on that fitness and his 1st serve %. It's almost always around or below 50%. He coud make life so much easier by getting that % up. In any case, great win!l

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Mr Murray wins a 5 set thriller in r1...beating Pavel

Quality stuff.

:)

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Re: Murray defeats Pavel 6-3, 3-6, 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 after throwing up

look at the supporters begging for an autograph! Phenominal!

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts

GREAT MATCH.

Everyone, take a little time to thank USA for it's coverage. I am so happy they stuck with this match instead of going to Davenport.

http://www.usanetwork.com/feedback/

No, I don't work for USA ;)

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

50 winners to 31 UFE

12 aces to 4 dfs

amazing andy

·
Registered
407 Posts
OMG...that was such an amazing 5th set!!!

All the drama under the lights, nice. That´s grand slam at its best;)

My dentist is good friends with Pavel as he lives in my hometown. I am sooo looking forward to talk with him about it (even if that means I have to go to my dentist).

Great match, thanks for the entertainment.

Well done Andrew.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
If Murray can only get that 1st serve % up....he could actually win a lot of matches a lot easier. He showed some good defense there and didwell with that defensive BH slice.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
My dentist is good friends with Pavel as he lives in my hometown. I am sooo looking forward to talk with him about it (even if that means I have to go to my dentist).
LOL! The grandstand has a very nice atmosphere in day matches that go into the night.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Well done by Murray!! I only saw the 5th set, but it was a great match to watch and good to see that Murray could hold his nerves to finish it off! :yeah:

Well played! :worship:

Sad to see Pavel getting upset like this, I'm sure he had no good words for the ref left :sad: :shrug:

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
I was impressed with Andy. Under pressure, he didn't play recklessly. Usually, that's seen with young players.

But his first serve percentage was 44% at one point, I think, so he needs to really work on his service game.

·
Registered
662 Posts
That was a pretty exciting match. Glad we got such good TV coverage. It is great to see new, young talent. I don't think the rest of the evening is going to be nearly as much fun. The young Andy is going to have to work on his serve, though.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I am starting to like this Murray kid more and more! He has a great fighting spirit an can only get better if he gets more consistent and works on his strength and stamina, which seems to trouble him a bit in the slams.
Clement'd better watch out in the 2nd round!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Well done Andy, good luck versus Clement on Thursday or whenever. :yeah:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Very true about the serve, mangoes and NYCT! He got almost no first serve in during the last couple of games. At least he got a rare important one to give him match point. But it was impressive that he survived these dangerous situations almost solely relying on his 2nd serve and the following rallies, except a few cheap errors from Pavel right off the return, he didn't get many easy points to close it out, in the last few games in the fifth.

BTW, I also liked his play at *4-3 and 40-30. Pavel came to the net and volleyed on Murray's forehand side and it wasn't such a bad volley. In most cases I think the player would have played Pavel in the racket or netted/missed the passing shot, but Murray retrieved it very well, even managed to get his racket over the ball in the short amount of time and played a very well-timed forehand lob out of this situation that Pavel could only frame while attempting to smash it. Nice play and good touch, props!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts