Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Some great shots at the end by murray, that FH crosscourt passing shot where the ball bounced behind him was one of the best shots I've ever seen

BUT

If he wants to be Top 5 he needs to cut out all this brainfart shit.

Reactions: NinaNina19

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
What a Champ this guy, he broke Ivo's legendary serve 4 times!

next please

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Looks like it could be a rematch with Haas. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
good finish by Muzza, incredible shotmaking at the end :yeah:

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
High quality match. Apart from one or two brainfarts Murray was on another planet. Was so impressed with Karlovic too.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Totally uninteresting game this was.
Murray won but got broken like 3 times. In the end, Ivo beat himself. The only reason I watched this game was because I couldn't watch Ana's game who was (and still is) playing guitar using my nerves as wires.

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Very entertaining match. Ivo can't have played that well and lost too many times in his career. He won relatively few cheap points on his first serve but his volleying and net coverage were by and large first class.
Murray's passing shots to get the final break were just crazy especially that forehand flick from a very good slice by Ivo that was slightly behind him.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
A really great match to watch. Both were playing aggressive and coming forward. Both had more winners than errors. Both were able to increase their play when it mattered. Just a lot of fun to watch. If Haas gets by Verdasco, that R4 has the potential to be another good one. In fact, almost all of Wednesday's matches have the potential to be intense.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Totally uninteresting game this was.
What match were you watching, bro? The rest of us saw a high quality match between Murray and Karlovic.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I was really impressed by Karlovic. He was volleying really well and his groundies have improved by leaps and bounds since the last time I saw him play.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Karlovic's forehand has become deadly in the last 12 months.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
What a Champ this guy, he broke Ivo's legendary serve 4 times!

next please
Fed vs Murray quarterfinal is happening dude. cant wait. what a match its going to be.

murray`s return game has become quite exceptional. great preparation on that return of serve.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
fantastic match.
especially the points at the net are fun to enjoy.
It is shame karlovic couln't have taken the last set to a tie break but good effort from him.
and yes his forehand is deadly and net play is fantanstic.(murray was returning way low but somehow karlovic managed to retrieve it.)

Murray, passing shots were great but his serve is weak and his body language is terrible as usual. If wan'ts
to be a top 5 he needs to control his temper and improve his serve.

thanks for the entertainment guys. better luck next time ivo

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Another victory for the moonballing mug....Fixed.

(my new tactic is not to support people i like cos i am bad luck !)

·
Registered
32,165 Posts
Murray is one big defensive pussy,but he's got a great return and excellent passing shots.And that is most important when you're playing against Ivo.
Good match,and it's great for Ivo that he broke 3 times and actually dominated most points from the baseline,he was the aggressive one.
The only bad thing was his serve today.That is partly Murray's fault because of his returns,but also the surface aint fast.

Too bad Ivo choked in the first set.Had 3-1*.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Murray wasn't defensive at all. Since when is serve & volley considered defensive?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts