Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A set down. Levels it.
4-1 down in the 3rd. Comes back.
4-1 down in the deciding tie-break. Still wins.

is there anything The Comeback King can’t comeback from?

Superb. Dutch dude served out of his mind too.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
It is a huge effort for Andy, 2h54m and the disadvantage for Great Britain is that they started on Wednesday and will have to play every day without any rest, that could be costly at some point.
Griekspoor should have won it, he is a very good player but I knew he would not be able to hold his nerves

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Scottish guy def. Griekspoor should be the title of this thread.(y)

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I think Murray has a lot to worry about if he has to rely on a choke from a 200+ ranked player...
the Dutch dude is well in the top 200. Dutch guy also served insanely well. When someone else botting like there it’s always going to be tight

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Murray should not struggle with this guy at all, worrying scoreline.
Ok I think Murray has a lot to worry about if he has to rely on a choke from a 200+ ranked player...
Certainly not ideal but maybe we should put into context that Murray had time off with the new baby and admitted himself that he ballooned to his heaviest weight during his time away. I had expected some sluggishness. And give Griekspoor some credit; he's had some good results in 2019. He beat Khachanov on indoor hard court. Also beat Casper Ruud and Steve Johnson, and has a challenger title and final.

Reactions: Murray Mint

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
This match shows once again that Griekspoor has quite a big potential, but he is very inconsistent and is a choker.

Reactions: devision2002

·
Registered
542 Posts
Has Murray even won a match in 2 sets since his comeback? Gives the impression that every match goes well over 2 hours...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love Murray, but this is far too common in his career. Conceding the time of their life to no-names and perhaps being too tired come second week of a slam, not to mention unnecessary stress on the body on the long run

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Who is this Greek's poor? Never heard of him.
'Greek rail' would have been a better translation ?

But yeah, his career so far has been quite poor. Lots of injuries due to physical immaturity like almost all upcoming Dutch tennis players who have to deal with a lack of guidance.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
the Dutch dude is well in the top 200. Dutch guy also served insanely well. When someone else botting like there it’s always going to be tight
Ranking doesn’t matter as much when it comes to Davis Cup due to different types of pressure scenarios. The guy also played way above his ranking and even all time greats like Federer struggle at times with players ranked pretty low.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
Has Murray even won a match in 2 sets since his comeback? Gives the impression that every match goes well over 2 hours...
You know Murray’s gotta prove he still got the stamina to hang with the best so he purposefully extends matches to show that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts