Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back from hip surgery.

Back from months without playing.

Back from 2 sets to love.

Back from match point down.

Back from a break down in the 5th set.

Massive respect for this man. He still doesn't look totally recovered physically and his serve was atrociously inconsistent (13 double faults, only 57% of serves in). However, he is obviously rusty and Nishioka was likely to be a tough opponent for him because he causes longer rallies which is what Andy is trying to avoid at the moment. My guess is Andy will be gassed in the next match but it's good to see he can still fight to the end!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
utter clown this Yoshi is

Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
663 Posts
The stuff of legend.

·
11,043 Posts
What a brilliant display by Murray.

Can't believe he has gone from a surgery bed, barely able to brush his teeth to playing 4:39 minutes.

WHat a story and PRIMAL ROAR

Reactions: cmchelsea

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
This match gave me cancer. Jesus christ one of the most frustrating matches I have ever watched. Nishioka, what a fucking mug. He should have won much much sooner, and in straight sets. But he is so dumb and stupid. Had so many chances but kept wasting them with stupid errors and dumb selection choices at key moments, eg. 6-5* 30-30 in the 4th set, Murray serving, he dumped a stupid return off a 2nd serve straight to the net. *3-2 30-40 in the 5th set, hit the most basic BH that had nothing on it right to where Murray was standing, desperately asking for a lob, to get broken. I feel like he hit all the errors and poor shot selections in the world just when he needed to focus, at the end of the last 3 sets. Deserved to lose for pure stupidity.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Another 0-2 comeback to add to the collection. Not the best match in terms of level but watching Andy make the comeback is always a treat. Level got better as it went on, which is a good sign.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Yes Murray is the new Hewitt for whoever said that in the live comms. Scrapping away like mad in 1st round of slams. Was awful for the first two sets but then he regrouped and was driving the forehand and backhand much better from that point. Still some wild shots but that's really trying to change his game to finish off points quicker and of course lack of matches.

He'll take any slam win at this point.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
Nishioka played the match of his life and Murray was terrible the first 2.5 sets, hence the situation. Always felt if Andy started playing better he would win

1 - 20 of 83 Posts