• It's always been talked about this much

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The obsession of the coach in the tennnis coverage, i don't remember anyone talking about coaches in as much detail until Murray who couldn't win a slam hired Lendl and won 2 slams now not a match goes by without commentators talking about 'coaching masterplans' giving coaches credit for every little thing a player does talking like he's almost playing the match then you have the random talk in between matches about Player X needing a new coach.

The breakdown of the Mauresmo coaching hire has gone on relentlessly for 5-6 weeks in the newspapers, The whole Becker vs Edberg storyline earlier seemed to be blown well out of proportion, coaches were always talked about but is it me or has this really gone crazy in the last 2 years with the Lendl, Magnus Norman, Becker getting football manager like attention that their predecessors never got in the past.

I don't remember all this coaching talk when Sampras, Agassi, Federer ect were dominating.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Just guessing here, but maybe the fact that they were all high profile ex players may have something to do with it.

Oh look, you answered your own question in the poll.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts