Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With massive grass points to defend, Murray could find himself out of top-10 for first time in ages if he underperforms (eg. loses in QF or sooner at Wimby). Berdych (and even Delpo) would certainly pass him. Ferrer, Raonic, Gulbis, Isner, & Nishikori have virtually nothing to defend, and some good runs combined with a Murray flop could easily move a couple of them above him.

That being said, I think it is extremely unlikely he loses before SF in Wimby and will be top-10 heading into HC. Still, would really weird to see a top-10 list without Andy in it.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Can't see him losing early at Wimbledon, he just got to the SF at RG and he can't even play good clay court tennis.

SF at worst and falls back to around 8th, plus it wouldn't last long because he has hardly any points to defend after Wimbledon.

Here's the live rankings as they stand after the RG SF's http://live-tennis.eu/

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Honestly, no one cares about him except murphytards

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
He does have massive grass points to defend, so I can see a brief dip. But as stated after Wimbledon he only has 630 points to defend. He also just picked up 720 'free points' as he missed RG last year. So again a brief dip but he'll be in top 10 by end of year if he's healthy.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He does have massive grass points to defend, so I can see a brief dip. But as stated after Wimbledon he only has 630 points to defend. He also just picked up 720 'free points' as he missed RG last year. So again a brief dip but he'll be in top 10 by end of year if he's healthy.
Agreed, but dropping out of top-10 and all of a sudden he has potential for really challenging draws. eg. potential to face Djoker or Rafa in R16 in Toronto, Cincy and then QF in USO.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Wimbledon:

2005 - 3rd round
2006 - 4th round
2007 - injured
2008 - Quarter Final
2009 - Semi final
2010 - Semi final
2011 - Semi Final
2012 - Final
2013 - Winner

I'm sure he's bricking it.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
That definitely won't happen. Murray should do well this grass season, he did have a much better clay season than we all expected. He should do much better on grass.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
You don't care about him? That's weird since you seem to mention him in about half of your posts.

Clown.
This. The guy is very quickly establishing himself as one of the top MTF clowns. And now he's pretending to be a Djokovic fan, while in every other post he says Novak is the ATP Wozniacki! :haha:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Murray returned to his pre-Lendl level and mentality. And that doesnt look to good. I dont see him win many more slams. Maybe he win another Wimbledon someday if he serves very well.
I think he is still good enough to be top-10. But he is nowhere near the potenmtial he has. He only ferfilled his potential when Lendl was his coach. Now he is back to his old pre Lendl level. What is pretty much the league of a talented underachiever. Who has yhe abilities to win slams, but doesnt make it. I wont be surprised if we would see a lot of racket throwing the next months if he doesnt fiuind himself a new really good coach.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts